Anyone have choking problem?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Crispangel66, Feb 2, 2006.

1. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

I had been sick and now am better. I could hardly eat while I was sick and lost 7lbs (that I really did need to lose).

Now I am 'bettter' but I am still having problems consuming anything, food, medicine, & drink. I begin choking as soon as I take my meds.

I have had a rough day had to get my son to the hospital early for an e.e.g. and came home and decided to lie down after I took my pain meds. Well I started choking, coughing and gagging. I am really begining to get worried.

We went out to eat last night and I ordered soft food cheese enchiladas and rice but ate a few bites and began choking, coughing and gagging so much I just go a to go box for the food. I didn't want someone to think I was really very sick or with the gagging make someone else sick.

I guess I need to go to the dr. But just wondered if it could be a symptom of fibro or my gastroparesis (from diabetes). If any of you have had this problem please let me know.
    My poor kid he had a seizure while we were eating breakfast this morning and then while we were waiting at the hospital he had another one, well his seizures always give him bad headaches so I almost canelled this e.e.g. for another day because he is already so tenderheaded.

But he has been having alot of seizures and we need to get this took care of so I let them do it he was almost screaming in pain while they were drawing on his head and when then put that sand like gel on his head.

I had even gave him something for the pain from his headache. Next time they do this I am going to ask for an anxiety pill or pain shot so it won't hurt him so bad.

I can't stand to see him in pain he already has enough problems. I just hope they get this all resolved soon.

We also went for the recheck on his thyroid today, I hope it comes back normal this time.

I know it is terrible but because of his bad day I took him to Wal-mart and let him get a movie.

Gentle hugs Pamela
  2. mylilcherub428

mylilcherub428 New Member

I have never had or heard of the choking problem i think you should get it checked out. Also I dont think the movie was a bad idea. I think a trest is nice after a bad day I would have done the same. Hope all goes well for you
  3. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

Thanks for your responses both of you!!
    Gentle hugs Pamela
  4. darude

darude New Member

There are a lot of disease which cause choking I would get it checked out soon.