Anyone have chronic low back and hip pain?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jsholden, Jul 21, 2006.

1. jsholden

jsholden New Member

I have finally given in to the fact that I have Fibromyalgia. I denied the diagnosis for almost a year. I now accept the fact that I had this even as a child.

Does anyone have chronic low back and hip pain with muscle spasms?
    [This Message was Edited on 07/21/2006]
  2. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Yes, these are often my worse areas. Very painful and disruptive, unable to walk well etc. Welcome to the board!

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  3. Connie3

Connie3 New Member

Low back and hip pain is my worst discomfort. I am finding that my colon seems to effect how much I hurt. Finding the trigger foods is not easy, but I am trying to track everything. Sugar is a killer . I am taking Nystatin and threelac, but the chronic constipation is horrible. I have even tried physical therapy because they say I have Pelvic Girdle Dysfunction. The therapy doesn't help. The less I eat the better I feel, but, I love to eat! Most all physical activity makes my low back and hips hurt much more. Vacuuming puts me in bed for a while with a heating pad. When the colon/back/hip pain gets intolerable I take 2 advil and 1/2 ultracet...that takes the edge off.

Good luck!

Connie
  4. gmom605

gmom605 New Member

yes me ,too and real bad leg pain and muscle spasms big

time i can`t even walk or sleep at night ,i also have

cfs/fm and they started me with gabapentin 600mg 3xdy

seems to be doing a little better on the pain but will

try it ,,i`m so tried of this dd ,everything i do it

flares up ,,, nice talking to you,,,,gmom,,,
  5. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

I just read that lower back and hip pain are symptoms of Polymyalgia Rheumatica. Might be worth looking into.

http://www.arthritis.ca/types%20of%20arthritis/polymyalgia%20rheumatica/default.asp?s=1

Lolalee
  6. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Yes.

Chiropractic helps and so did getting orthotics, not wearing shoes without arch supports in them and being more aware of my posture at the computer. I wouldn't say that low back and hip pain is necessarily FM before those things are corrected.

Weak stomach muscles can also cause low back and hip pain because our back muscles are being asked to bear all our weight.

Marta
    [This Message was Edited on 07/23/2006]
  7. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

Yes, me too!
  8. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

I have had chronic low back pain since 1998. Have lumbar spinal problems, DDD; not allowed to sweep, vacumn, etc.

I was just diagnosed with FM a couple of months ago and I'm not sure if the 2 are connected are not. I do not have the muscle spasms in the lower back but do have problems with upper right shoulder/back.

BlueSky555
  9. dononagin

dononagin New Member

my hip joints ache all the time.. They have bothered me since childhood so I wonder if I don't have something else besides fibro going there.. (arthritis?? Bursitis??) but yes.. my hip pain brings me to tears some days..
  10. TAM

TAM New Member

Hi,

So sorry you have low back and hip pain. It happens daily to my low back the pain is unbearable i have a hard time walking or sitting for that matter. I hope you find something that helps to ease your pain, i haven't so i can't suggest anything.

I wish you better health and lots of happiness!

Take care, Tammy
  11. Jane_Canuck

Jane_Canuck New Member

Hiya

don't just chalk back pain up to FMS and call it a day.

I had fallen from a roof over 13 feet and no one was taking my pain seriously.

So finally 5 years later I have found out that i Have 3 bulging disks in my lower back, it is very painful and while it has added to my problems, getting it corrected will help.

I have been having a serious thinking on this FMS. I believe we are like onions, and once you start treating things and start peeling back layers to treat more things you will find the FMS will start edgin off.

I am starting to become proof of it.

I had terrible back pains and bowel issues since high school. Everyone said it was because of all the stress of dealing with a dying mother. WRONG>>>>>>> I had a gall bladder going bad and no one payed attention. IT finally came out over 15 years after I started complaining of the original symptoms.

I felt so fantastic after the operation that I did all kinds of things and ended up with a hernia lol! Got it repaired and then had another one on the other side.

THen this year I had terrible sholder pain, was told if it was so bad go to ER cause my doctor did not have time to see me... that went on for 3 monnths!!!!!!!

Finally saw my surgeon and found out I had lumps under my armpitt. After that was removed we found more under the other armpitt too! SO those were removed.

Now I have found the lumbar disk ruptures and had the steroid shots, that did not work. They say the other option is surgery. I said screw you! I will be asking for other options from my NEW reg doc, because there are more options then surgery.

ANYHOW ... see what I mean start peeling back the layers and not all of it is FMS. There can be real underlaying issues to the pain.

GL Brenda
  12. carebelle

carebelle New Member

Yes I do .It is in my low back on both sides of my spine.and down my right hip and leg.Nothing shows up on exray.
    If I sit to long or stand to long it feels like its out of the socket and I walk with a limp it hurts so bad.I feel like I'm crippled one leg longer then the other.

But on a good Day I can walk ok and it looks like nothing is wrong BUT there is pain 24-7
  13. skippysgirl

skippysgirl New Member

I was wondering do you experience major fatigue with all this? Since a car accident three years ago i slowly started having low back pain, finally after working a few jobs in between it all i guess caught up with my. I ended up down for two days, and slowly had to leave my job. I couln't bend ect. walked with a limp and hip and leg pain was more severe than the back. Since then i have been seeing my dr. and been sent to a Neurosurgeon wich said i have something with my lower L-5 or 4 disc and some siatic nerve. Anyway my dr. is dianosing me with Fibromyalgia. This doesnt sound all quite right with me and i will be starting pain therapy and regular therapy soon. The Neuro said i have to do all this before we he wouldnt consider surgery if not improvement with this. Do i have to have surgery? Can i file for disability for low back pain if it limits my ability to substantial gainful activity? I also Panic Disorder , Agoraphobic, Osteroarthritis, wich this typing is not helping ugh, and clinical depression. Any input on this would be helpful.

14. jsholden

jsholden New Member

I was diagnosed after a back injury. I truly believe fibromyalgia is a problem rooted in the central nervous system. Its sad- I look in the mirror every day and think of reasons to keep going. Living in pain is like a death sentence.
  15. romanshopper

romanshopper New Member

Yes - and mine gets especially bad around my period - a week before it to a few days after it. OMG sometimes I just cry it is so bad. I will hurt down to my right knee.

There's a lot of clicking in my hip if I raise my leg - the doc says I have bad osteoarthritis in that hip. I dunno, but nothing helps during my period. I have 3 days I am just sick, sick, sick.

I've never had problems like this before at that time. WHen it first happened, I thought I had ovarian cancer. lol I went to the doc, she said it was sciatica.
  16. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

which I have- what has helped me- going to physical therapy and doing the exercises they taught me, and any exercise in the pool- swimming, water walking etc.

Back pain sucks!!!!!!!
  17. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

To go along with the FM I have spinal stenosis. i've had 2 radiofrequency treatments - didn't work.

Today, i changed the bed, and did laundry. I cried with the pain. I would tell myself - "just one more minute andn I'll kbe done!!!" It was never a minute!

Ii have no idea now what can be done for the hideous pain. Just cryi when I think I can't stand it anymore

Good luck to you.

Joan
  18. kriket

kriket New Member

It may be your sciatica nerve acting up. I get this a lot. Massage therapy and chiropractic seem to nip it in the bud.

Kriket
  19. Momofboyz

Momofboyz New Member

Yep. lower back and hip pain. I am a mom of two little boys and I can't just stop. Thank God it is summer break!!!! But everyday I work thru the pain. I used to make thebeds now I just pull the sheets and blankets up on my kids bed. Gross! I know. But it is survivak.
    I do all of my chores in pain. And take little breaks. I also have a 4 pronged cane now. I call it my stick. I use it all over the house. And finally went out front with it yesterday to watch the boys ride their bikes. Who cares what the neighbors think!!!!!
    Awful pain and pain pills, ultram, hardly knock the edge off!
    God Bless
    Deena
  20. jsholden

jsholden New Member

I thought it was just me.... Can someone please cure FMS???
    PLEASE!!! Lets all pray for a miracle!