Anyone have comprehensive list of blood tests done at FCC?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by orachel, Sep 12, 2005.

1. orachel

orachel New Member

Please, even if you remember a few, please post them here. I'm trying to talk my Physical Medicine doc into doing this extensive blood work and he's pretty open to the idea, but we have no idea what blood work to do.

I know for sure to test levels of T3 and T4...anyone know any of the others, and what they are testing for?

Thanks so much!!!
    Rachel
  2. elsa

elsa New Member

If you put FFC or fibromyalgia and fatigue center in the Pro Health search, you'll probably get alot of answers to your questions.

You can also put these member's names in search. Rileyearl, Dncnfngrs, Idgbcoleman,Bmpwriter, & Kbak. These are all I can think of at the moment. All have been vary generous in sharing their information on their FFC experiences.

The thyroid test needs to be more specific then the general TSH,T3,T4 .... otherwise most of CFS/FM patient's test will come back normal.

Good luck,

Elsa
  3. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

I had 15 pages of results I just got.

blood cell panel (white, etc.)
    metabolic panel (sodium, potassium, calcium, etc)
    cholesterol
    hemoglobin
    insulin
    vitamin b12
    ferritin
    folate
    cortisol
    tsh, t4 free, t3 free
    dhea
    thyroglobulin ab
    tyroid peroxidase ab
    lipoprotein
    heavy metals
    fibrinogen, qn
    acth, plasma
    interferon-alpha, eia
    sex hormone binding
    testosterone
    pregnenolone
    thrombotic marker panel
    triiodothyronine, reverse
    rnase-l activity
    nk cell activity

If I missed some sorry, it was a small packet of results I got
  4. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

I have a follow up appt. tomorrow so I will try to get the complete list. They do different tests on different people because some of this depends on your symptoms ect... I also know they are picky about which labs they send the tests to. How much more complicated can any of this get??? Good Luck! Lynn
  5. orachel

orachel New Member

I really appreciate any info you can give.
  6. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

Hi Rachel,
    First Visit Labs
    Test Name (I don’t know what some of the abbreviations stand for):

Comprehensive Metabolic Panel – 17 tests (sodium, potassium, chloride, carbon dioxide, calcium, alkaline phosphatase, AST, ALT, Bilirubin, glucose, urea nitrogen, creatinine, bun/creatine ratio, protein-total, albumin, globulin-calculated, a/g ratio)

CBC w/Diff and Plt – 21 tests (WBC,RBC, hemoglobin, hematocrit, MCV, MCH MCHC, RDW, platelet count, platelet sufficienty, neutropyilis-absolute, lymphocytes-absolute, monocytes-absolute, eosinophils-absolute, basopyils-absolute, total neutropyils %, total lymphocytes %, monocytes %, eosinopyils %, basopyils %, RBC morphology)

DHEA Sulfate
    FSH
    Homocysteine, CVD
    LH
    Sex hormone binding globulin
    TSH
    T4, Free
    T3, Free
    Thyroglobulin AB
    Thyroid Peroxidase AB
    Lipoprotein (A)
    Cortisol, Total, Serum
    Magnesium, RBC
    Heavy Metals, Blood (Mercury, Lead, Arsenic)
    Cortisol, Free
    Pregnenolone
    Fibrinogen, QN
    ALK Phosphatase, Bone
    ACTH, Plasma
    IGF Binding Protein-3
    Interferon-Alpha, EIA
    Iron & TIBC, Serum (Iron, TIBC, % Saturation)
    Cardio CRP
    Hemoglobin A1C
    Insulin, Serum
    Vitamin B12, Serum
    Ferritin
    Progesterone
    Estradiol
    EST, Westergren
    PTT
    IGA, Serum
    IGG, Serum
    IGM, Serum
    Folate, RBC
    Thyroid Studies: Triiodothyronine, Reverse
    Somatostatin
    RNASE-L Activity
    NK Cell Activity
    TSH Autoantibody
    T3 Autoantibody
    N-Telopeptide (NTX), Serum
    T4 AB
    VAP TM Cholesterol Test
    Aldosterone, LC/MS/MS
    IGF-1
    Osteocalcin, Human
    TBII
    TBG
    Testosterone, Free/TOT, LC/MS/MS
    Testosterone, %, Free
    Testosterone, Free
    Testosterone, Free/TOT,LC/MS/MS
    Testosterone, Total

Next, as a result of these labs, I was given certain supplements and prescriptions from a compounding pharmacy. I was also sent for a second set of labs:

Candida albicans panel
    C. Pneumo AB (IGG, A, M)IF
    CMV IGG AB
    CMV IGM AB
    Epstein Barr Virus AB Panel
    Lyme Disease IGG, WB
    M. Pneumoniae (IGG) Titer, IF
    M. Pneumoniae (IGM) Titer, IF
    Babesia
    Coxsacki Type A
    Coxsacki Type B
    EBV Early Antigen
    Echovirus Serum
    Ehrilichia Chaffeenis ABS
    HHV6
    Lyme Disease IGG/IGM
    Nasal Swab for Coag Net Staph
    Poliovirus Type 1-3

I think that's it for now.
    Best wishes,
    Hopeful4
  7. elsa

elsa New Member

All of you patients of the FFC have been incredibly
    generous with your information and details of your treatment. It's amazing how freely you'll are sharing with
    what you know .... taking so much time to answer all of our questions.

What a great group of people!

Elsa
  8. rileyearl

rileyearl New Member

I will get my test results back on 9/21 and will post the tests and results here. They drew 37 vials of blood!

I wish I had a blank copy of the 24 page questionaire they send out for you to complete for the first visit. The doctor is pretty much able to diagnose several things right away from just looking at that. Maybe one of the FFCs will send you one to look at?

Good luck on your quest!

Elsa--Everyone is generous with their knowledge on this site!

Francie
  9. orachel

orachel New Member

Huge hugs to all of you!!!! Cant believe you took the time to write all that info down, but I'm sure it will be IMMEASURABLY helpful. I'm anxious to start treatment at FCC myself, but we're so strapped financially now that its flat out not an option. So thanks again so much for being so open about your information!!!
  10. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

I think we are so free with information because we want everyone else to get better!!! I feel fortunate to be able to afford to go to the FFC. I feel they are on the right track. Mikie has been doing many of these same things on her own as well.

Orachel I think I can speak for everyone when I say Just get better any way you can! Taking things into your own hands is the only way. You are way to young to give up your life. It is a struggle but if I can do it so can you! (I am a big weinie!!!)

Please make sure they test for and treat hypercoagulation. Google stealth viruses and read up because I think that is what most of us have. A virus hiding out in our blood that our immune system is too shot to fight. (Due to an accident, severe stress, pregnancy,an illness stc..) This leads our bodies to break down in other areas (Thyroid, adrenal, low NK cell you name it.)

keep up the positive attitude because there is a strong mind body connection. Lynn
  11. Danielle

Danielle New Member

I was just curious what the charge is for all these tests?
  12. ImDigNiT

ImDigNiT New Member

I should be getting my 1st set of blood test results back on Monday 9/19. I know they will do a second round of bloodwork at that time because they initially took 35 vials on my first visit. One of the things they will be testing for is Lymes on this next visit.

To answer cost of lab work, my insurance company paid for it but not for the cost of visiting the FFC or the supplements.

I will be sure to let everyone know the results.

Marcia
  13. kbak

kbak Member

I see everyone pretty well listed all the bloodwork I had done. I would want for sure the EBV, VMV, and Lymes tests done. If your not tested for viruses, then you will never get to the root of your problem if you have any of them. You do not have to be positive for viruese to be having problems. I know that not everyone is tested for the viruses. FFC kind of goes by your medical history to decide to do those tests. I did have to ask to be tested for HHV6, and was positive.
  14. auntyemnga

auntyemnga New Member

Rachel, I have the 24 page questionnaire electronically if you still want/need a copy.
  15. browneyes259

browneyes259 New Member

just an fyi addition to hopeful4's post.....I know that LH is for Luteinizing Hormone & FSH is for Follicle Stimulating Hormone.

Hope it helps!
    Jen
  16. fmcurepls

fmcurepls New Member

Thank you for posting all of the lab tests that you had done. Wow that is a lot of blood. I hope you are feeling better. I am new to this website. I am going to the FFC in Atlanta in July. I would love to hear from you.

Thank you,

Sharon
    [This Message was Edited on 07/02/2006]