Anyone have crunchy joints in knees, shoulders?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Manwithfibro, Aug 25, 2005.

1. Manwithfibro

Manwithfibro New Member

My joints are starting to crunch something awful. I am so concerned that this non-stop tightness and pain has caused damage to me. X-Rays show deterioration in my spine and neck but I have not had any X-rays on shoulders or knees.
    TIM
  2. I also have crunching noises in my shoulders and knees, sometimes feet. I figure its arthritis.
  3. TheAurynn

TheAurynn New Member

I also get a lot of crunching, popping noises all over the place, especially my knees. I have been tested for arthritis and it has always come out negative. It's very weird.

Jessica
  4. suzetal

suzetal New Member

I also have it it in my wrist knees and hip also my thumbs. The left hip has locked up a couple of times and so does my thumb . I now have osti arthritis . Just had ex-rays done. Doctor called me yesterday. I go see her Mon. for plan of action. I have to walk with a can but my right hand is also just starting to bother me.
    Boy my typing huggggghhhh.Wonder whats next.Maybe all the FM symptoms will go away yeh right. LOl
    I'm in a weird mood today.
    Good luck
    Sue
  5. Countrymom

Countrymom New Member

have it in my back,neck,jaw,wrists,shoulders,hips, feet and knees. I guess I should just say everywhere!
  6. JLH

JLH New Member

Yes, I have the Rice Krispie Syndrome, too!

My knees and ankles are the worst. I have had surgery on my left knee years ago, and now it's in the same pain again.

I had an xray recently to see if I had torn the cartlidge again; however, it came back that it was "only" arthritis!

I have arthritis all over my body--I'm geting old and I don't like it!!!! LOL

Take care,
    Janet
  7. levis

levis New Member

Hi
    I have this awful crunchy pain in my lower back.
    Especially on the right side constantly feels as though i have tight muscles in my side.

Only seems to get better after a warm bath, stretches etc but never actually goes.
  8. Nanledaroe

Nanledaroe New Member

Wow, I started to post on this very subject a couple of days ago. My shoulders have been crackling for years now and not too long ago I started noticing it in my knees. It is especially noticable when I'm in the bathroom getting ready to sit down on the toilet (I guess because it's quiet). I looked it up on the internet and noticed that crackling joints is a sign of arthritis. I've got a dr. appt. in Sept. and plan on asking him about it.
  9. thomasina

thomasina New Member

and may I write I snap, crackle & POP all day. My neck especially, and in the mornings, I like to roll my head around and hope for a POP.

thommie
  10. backporchrags

backporchrags New Member

Doc said I have shagged cartilage in my joints. Not to much deteriation but enough to rough up the joint.
    The one thing that helps me is weight lifting. The stronger your muscles are the less stress on sore joints. If you can try starting out with a low weight. Lifting will also help with the soreness.
    Hugs,
    A