anyone have dabetes with fibro?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by homesheba, Jul 14, 2008.

1. homesheba

homesheba New Member

i am to have another blood work up cause dr said my sugar was up
    and also a thyroid test this week. yikes!!!
    i m really upset about it.
    i know i am even more weak and weary than usual.
    both parents had diabetes and i am praying i dont.
    does anyone here also have to cope with this?
  2. lilac123

lilac123 New Member

I have always had trouble with my Blood Sugar. For yrs it was always the hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) wich I could manange with diet.

Now after four yrs of the DD of FM and all the other diagnoses my blood work is coming back the total opposite and am heading towards diabetes. So, once again I am trying to be dilligent with my diet and stick my finger and check it when I don't feel right just to keep a record of it. Doesn't seem to be over 200 yet and I can keep it down with excersise (very little)and diet. WE live on a farm and I have a small veggie garden so I try to eat right too. So good so far.

Makes me wonder what else will pop up 4 yrs from now with this FM. My teeth have gone to heck the past few yrs. Maybe my cellulite will start falling off? That would be nice! I had a horrible day yesterday and am trying to ahve a sense of humor today.

Good luck to you and hang in there!
    God Bless,
  3. lrning2cope

lrning2cope New Member

and the pain from my fibro messes with my blood sugars( they go up ) . It isn't fun. When my blood sugars go up , so does the pain , then my blood sugars go even higher . It is a vicous circle.

4. campbeck97

campbeck97 New Member

Hi, I have diabetes along with Fibromyalgia,myofascial , hypertension, osteoarthritis, carpel tunnel, hypothyroid ,2 herniated disc ,high cholesterol, anxiety/panic disorder. I may have left something out LOL. Boy when you start listing all that it sounds like i'm about done for. I do notice my blood sugars going up some as well as b/p when i'm in alot of pain.I control the diabetes for last 8 yrs by diet alone.need to exercise but dont much and that would help alot. Good luck to you!!
  5. harmony21

harmony21 New Member

I too think its a viscious circle, am too tired to eat properly, to walk or exercise and thus my blood sugar goes up because of additional weigh, also the medications havnt helped in this area

So which comes first???? Who the heck knows but remmeber though its better to know than not I reckon

Good luck, let us know

angel hugs and blessings

6. homesheba

homesheba New Member

your replies really helped me.i will soon hear more from the dr.
  7. texasrose204

texasrose204 New Member

I have diabetes, lupus, ibs and fm. Had low blood sugar for alot of years then about 2 years ago went to diabetes. first thing in morning is a good time to check your sugar after you have fast all night should be below 120 I agree 200 is to high, but depends when you had eaten. first i noticed i was real sick feeling after eating alot of carbs. i do seem to crave alot of sweets especially when i am hurting alot!