anyone have dry skin?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by benton, Jun 7, 2003.

1. benton

benton New Member

Hi

Me again. Im beginning to feel like a hypochondriac, evrytime i put in a post i get a new symptom, sorry. LOL

Ive noticed today, the skin on my hands is very dry. Ive got loads of little bumps on all of my fingers. They are like little hard blisters but they dont hurt. They go from the nail all the way up each one my fingers and thumbs too. Any idea what they could be? Wondered if skin problems go with fibro too or if its just my weird body again.. i never have skin problems normally but am in a bad flare at the moment.. think its connected??

Thanks yet again...

Benton
    (Mandy)
    xx
  2. Ishy75

Ishy75 New Member

Hi ya Benton,

Nope you are not the only one with dry skin and I also have some of those unexplainable little hard blister thingies on my hands and fingers. I wondered if it was just me. lol. I never usually have dry skin but since being newly diagnosed with FMS it seems my whole body is dry. Even my forehead!! Blech!! I'd say it's connected. I use lotion for the dry skin but haven't figured out what to do for the lil blisters. They don't bother me but they don't look all that attractive. lol. Big hugsssss

Ishy
  3. elaine_p

elaine_p New Member

I asked my doc about bumps on my fingers about 5 years ago. He diagnosed "dyshidrotic eczema" (I looked at my records). It's caused by stress, at least it was in my case. He suggested topical steroid cream. They eventually went away on their own, but I might have used cream because they itched (don't remember if I used cream or not).

Since then, I get them every time there are lots of things going on in my life that are stressful (not just when/because I feel frazzled/stressed, but when there really is a lot going on).
  4. benton

benton New Member

Hi

Well im glad im not the only one with these funny little blistery lump things on my fingers!! ... wonder what they are? Hmmm Anyone else know???

Benton
    (Mandy)
    xx

5. 2girls

2girls New Member

Hard little round bunmps on your hands? I have the same thing but didn't want to bring this up with my doc since he does not believe FM is real. So glad to hear others with this, and yes I sure think there is a connection as I have never had these before.

2girls
  6. benton

benton New Member

Hi love

Well thats intersting that you have them too. They dont hurt or anything, just unpleasant little things. I wondered if they were something to do with some sort of deficiency, because your nails can suffer cant they?
    They are not too noticible but i know they are there. Cant help but mess with them all day LOL
    Shame your doc doesnt believe in fibro, not very helpful is it? Lets hope that he develops it, maybe he will believe in it then!!

Take care and thanks for responding

Benton
    (Mandy)
    xx