Anyone have energy saving tips??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TerriM, Apr 11, 2003.

1. TerriM

TerriM New Member

Hi guys . . . I was just thinking that it might be nice for us to share with each other things that we do to conserve our energy . . . I know most if not all of us have terrible fatigue and any ideas to help with daily life would be great! I'll start with a couple of items . . . they may seem like small things, but in the long run every little bit helps :) I read an article the other day that said the small little changes we make can help our bodies fix the bigger problems. Love, Terri

1. I take a shower the night before I have to go somewhere, like a drs. appt. etc. because just taking a shower & getting dressed would make me too tired to go.

2. I use a "garbage bowl" when I'm cooking for scraps, wrappers, etc. . . . for anything that has to go into the trash so that I only have to make one trip . . . some days even walking back and forth across the kitchen uses up too much energy.
  2. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

I have the same problem with energy. what ever you do, don't talk on the phone or go on the computer when you have energy, try and keep that for your down time. drink plenty of water. I'm going to be trying the coral calcium soon.
    taking showers makes me tired too. once again try and drink water.
    I know what your going through. well I think I just used up my down time lol
    God Bless
    Lisa
  3. layinglow

layinglow New Member

I had totally unrelenting fatigue...I was growing moss in my recliner.

I have started B12 Injections and the results are wonderful. I am trying to not overdo.
    I choose a small chore, tackle it, and then sit and rest. I then repeat this, with each task. Am trying the waters out...so to speak.
    LL
  4. robing2

robing2 New Member

as crazy as this may sound, swimming or water aerobics. i am beside myself exhausted when I go and most times I think of 101 reasons not to and don't but when i suck it up and do it. not only do i have so much more energy always to my surprise:) but my muscles feel so much better and my sleep is always better.
    sleep hygeniune that works-
    not eating 4 hours prior to sleep. writing down your "to dos" on a piece of paper before you go to sleep. Streching before bed, painful but helpful. Also 1000mg of calcium before bed.
  5. bejo

bejo New Member

I know what you mean about saving energy.We have to save every ounce we can because we sure don't have enough to waste.When I cook things like veggie soup,macaroni/cheese,chilli,etc.I cook a large amount and freeze part of it.Then all I have to do is defrost it and put it in the microwave and it's ready to eat.That way I make several meals but only have to actually cook those meals once.It makes a lot of mealtimes easier. bejo
  6. TerriM

TerriM New Member

bumping . . .
  7. teach6

teach6 New Member

Never stand when you can sit. I have a stool in my kitchen, but have been so fatigued this year, between my tilt table test, month-long bronchitis, and a med change that I have about given up cooking, too. It is too exhausting for me.

Use electric carts in stores and malls that have them. I have my own scooter, which is a blessing because I cannot go shopping without being seated. I can't even stand in a short line.

Place things on the stairs to take up or down the next time you go, instead of making a special trip. Pace yourself.

Rest regularly, even if just for 15 minutes twice a day. This means in a quiet place with eyes closed. I use my noise machine to drown out background noise.

Learn to say no when you need to. It gets easier with practice.

Barbara