Anyone have experience with Dr. Bernstein for weight loss?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Alyndra, May 10, 2006.

1. Alyndra

Alyndra New Member

If anyone has any personal experience or otherwise with Dr. Bernsteins weight loss program that they can share it would be greatly appreciated!

~Amanda
  2. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

I tried this was losing some weight, but I hate getting needles plus it cost me $135 a week and at that time I wanted to lose 20 lbs which I was told would take me 7-8 weeks which would of cost me almost $1100 so I thought forget it....to expensive.

How about weight watchers??? they are pretty good.
    I also tried slim fast and lost 20 lbs..hubby started slim fast about 7 weeks ago and has lost 15 lbs, I honestly think Dr Bernstein is really too much. gfood luck on what ever you try.

Ann
  3. Alyndra

Alyndra New Member

Thanks for the feedback.

Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, etc... All of them won't work with me because of my medical conditions and allergies.

Dr. Bernstein was recommended to me by a woman at Weight Watchers (lol) because they very closely monitor the diet medically.

I have Metabolic Syndrome X, and while my blood glucose levels are always very low.. My fasting insulin levels are extremely high. Unfortuntely, the medications to control my insulin stopped working - and unless I can somehow force some weight off without effecting my blood sugar levels, my insulin level will kill me in no time.

I can understand how that much money wouldn't be worth it to lose 20 lbs, I don't think I'd do it then either.

I don't mind needles at all though, and I very desperately but very carefully need to lose the 100 lbs that the Metabolic X has put on me this past year.

Would you say that if you were in my situation that it might have been a good experience for you?

~Amanda
  4. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Go to the Pro Health Diabetes Board, there is a man there, Wambo and he is on Dr. Bernstein's diet for diabetes.

Personally I don't agree with the type of diet for people who have diabetes. I think it is way too much fat and protein.

But to each his own when it comes to dealing with diabetes.

Hugs,
    Faye