Anyone have EXTREMES between flares and feeling well?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by roro, Oct 21, 2002.

1. roro

roro New Member

When i am in a flare, I can barely function at all. We all know what this is like, pain, fatigue, swollen glands, night sweats, Low BP, etc.
    When i am feeling well, I am like a superhero. I can get 6-7 hours of sleep a night and GO GO GO all day, working, cooking, shopping, lifting weights, walking, doing cardio, staying up late, etc. Aside from minor joint pain, I feel OK. Anyone else have extremes?
    [This Message was Edited on 10/22/2002]
  2. roro

roro New Member

When i am in a flare, I can barely function at all. We all know what this is like, pain, fatigue, swollen glands, night sweats, Low BP, etc.
    When i am feeling well, I am like a superhero. I can get 6-7 hours of sleep a night and GO GO GO all day, working, cooking, shopping, lifting weights, walking, doing cardio, staying up late, etc. Aside from minor joint pain, I feel OK. Anyone else have extremes?
    [This Message was Edited on 10/22/2002]
  3. ladydi

ladydi New Member

Good Afternoon Roro,

A few years ago when I was'nt as bad as I am now, I
    had more good days than bad.

Now I'm not working, for the past 8months. Still I
    do have some days where I can function pretty good.

But, like I said before, it's been a couple of years
    since I was where you are now.

I pray to God that I can reverse this thing. It has really taken a tole on me and my family. I hate it with
    a passion.

I'm glad you are still able to enjoy your life, have fun, ect. It's encouraging to me.

Nice to talk to ya.

Warm Regards,
    LadyDi

4. UmiBear

UmiBear New Member

I just look at it this way: I'm thankful for the good days!! The key for me is NOT TO OVERDO IT on the good days. Whenever my husband sees me zipping around, after several days or weeks of laying around, he says "Don't OVERDO it!" And he's right, at least for me. When I feel good I tend to overdo it, which sometimes puts me back in a flare. So I've learned to use my time wisely during the good days. But I think the ups and downs are just part of being a Fibromite. Take care,
  5. Fairyeyes

Fairyeyes New Member

Hubby tells me to slow the hell down sometimes. I guess when I feel good, I want to get "caught up" before another flare screws me up. I am getting better about not over doing it, though. It's a process.
  6. Fibrobeachbum

Fibrobeachbum New Member

I have good days and bad ones but the older I get the worse it seems this DD gets. Here I am 44 and feel like 80 and wish I can do more. The doc says get out and excercise but I can't. I get enegetic some days but have the slump the rest.
    Ann