Anyone have fibro, and not fibro fog?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hagardreams, Jan 6, 2010.

1. hagardreams

hagardreams New Member

My step sister says that a very good friend of her has fibromyalgia, but doesnt have any fog symptoms.

I was just curious if any of you have found this to be true.

2. jole

jole Member

My cognitive problems are sometimes the worst part of this DD.

However, my sis-in-law says she was Dx'd w/FM and has never heard of fibro fog. When I was talking about my cognitive loss her mouth simply dropped open and she stared at me like I was completely crazy.

She then told me that her pain was "only in her hip". Another case of totally wrong diagnosis in my opinion. She now thinks I'm making up all my problems.............
  3. hagardreams

hagardreams New Member

Man do I ever understand where you are coming from.

I have been trying to explain this fog to my dad and his whole family, (you noticed I said HIS family)! They all think I am making it up.

Then my step sister who is now my adopted sister thinks I am making it all up. Her friend says "she doesnt have those symptoms" like I made them up. Right now I could care less about what my step sister thinks, but I do care what my dad thinks. I am tired of him acting like this is all in my head, or not real. I know it is real!

If anyone knows of a good web site I can forward the link to him that has a very good discription of fibro fog, please post it for me.

While I should not even worry about it, people are going to come up with their own conculsions, I still want this known!

Sorry jole that you have this sister in law from H*LL. Its sounds to me like she needs some education! It doesnt sound to me like she has FM.

While I myself dont know a lot about all illnesses, I do my best to learn when someone in my family or a friend has something, to find out all I can about it. I want to understand it, and learning about it helps me be there for them. That is all I want from my family is for them to care the same way about me.

4. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

hagardreams - I know that prohealth has had some good articles re fog in their weekly could probably find them if you go to their online library

jole- if the ONLY symptom your friend has is hip pain, then that is NOT fibro - I am not positive if fog is a diagnostic requirement, though I have not really heard of people with fibro who don't have the fog; however, I do know for sure that the pain necessary for a diagnosis of fibro has to be widespread and on more than one quadrant of the body - and then there's the tender points test - I don't rememebr the exact number required to be considered fibro, but I do know that it is way more than one location.....your friend could certainly be experiencing a lot of pain - hip pain can be quite bad, but like I said, if that is the only symptoms she has, then it is not fibro....for her own good, she should really seek another diagnosis (she can't treat it properly if she is misdiagnosed)