Anyone have FLARES during their periods?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hidlyn, Sep 28, 2005.

1. hidlyn

hidlyn New Member

I was wondering if anyone else has that problem. Especially when they increased my Synthroid to 112mcg my cycles were very messed up. Then the day I got my period it was like been flattened by a steam roller (that's the only thing I couldn't think of worse than a Mack truck that usually hits me). I had to take 1600mg of Ibuprofen twice a day to just exist, and then that makes me tired and than not moving makes the pain worse and around and around we go!!! The last couple months have been better and more regular, but I always have flares during that time. It's what convinces me of hormonal aspects to these illnesses for me.

Thanks for you input!!

Heidi
  2. kalley167

kalley167 New Member

I feel as if I have been beaten. My head hurts so bad I can hardly think straight. The fibro fog kics=ks in also. I have severe cramps any more also. And nothing on my body doesn't hurt it starts the week before, where I begin by feeling even more exhausted than normal and then its all down hill from there. I even feel as if I carry a fever. So you ar not alone with this. I just long for some relief from this headache.
  3. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

.... a resounding yes to that one .. I'm on .112 Synthroid as well and I had 2 periods within a week of each other .. i thought it would never end .. then I'm due for another one in a few days, according to my hormone ( Alese .. low dose birth control) treatments .. pain .. "Night of the Livinf DEAD" feeling for over a month .. but it is getting better now .. it is very scary and you really wonder if you will feel better .. I know how you feel .. hang in there !
    Fudge : )
  4. elizajane40

elizajane40 New Member

Ugly nasty pms/flare combination that causes me to water weight gain about 5-10 lbs, feel horrible, like hit by a truck...I almost considered a hysterectomy to stop it.
  5. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

I notice that I start to hurt more about mid-month and the pain gets worse until the end of the month when I get my cycle (it is not a motorcycle either). It is sometimes unbearable. Along with the pain comes extreme fatigue – I just thought it was from dealing with the pain all day.

Kelly
  6. Mareeok

Mareeok New Member

However It is less now since I am going through menepause.
  7. lauralea443

lauralea443 New Member

feel much sicker during my period than I ever did when I was younger.

I have mini flares LOL not like the full blown ones but still I get very sick.

OMG in a week LOL
  8. rrsbaby

rrsbaby New Member

I have terrible pms, and the FM really flares up during this time.

I do not take any horrmones, as I have CAD and the cardiologist say's noooo.

I think it does have something to do with horrmones and plus the added stress that you feel during this time.

Not to mention the bloating... I do take a fluid pill now and it helps some.

rrsbaby
  9. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

PMS*Me too!
    Dee50
  10. moonbeam032365

moonbeam032365 New Member

I have the same feeling ,I get very foggy and body feels painful and feel very tired and worn out two weeks before.
  11. justlikemom

justlikemom New Member

I used to get PMS, now I start noticing a change in my symptoms a day or two before my period. It makes predicting my irregular cycle a bit easier... but it also sends me into horrible flares during my period.
  12. chp1298

chp1298 New Member

7 days b4 my period my pain increases greatly allover and headaches. My wrists ache and burn. I take more pain meds during this 7 day period than I do the rest of the month all together.