Anyone have frequent muscle strains from fibro.?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by msmina63, Jun 18, 2006.

1. msmina63

msmina63 New Member

I am 22 years old and I'd say about a year ago I began to experience stiffness in the mornings and mild pain in my arms and legs. I'd say that in the last three months I've pulled (strained) the muscles in my neck and upper back four times. Three times it occurred while either going to or come up from the resting position. I noticed that's the pain is right around the same spots as the 10 tender points on the upper body for fibro. diagnosis (but the only times the spots are tender to touch is after an injury).

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. It's very painful and disruptive to my daily life when this happens. I can't turn my head, lift my arms, lay on my side, etc.

Other symptoms: About 6 months ago, I began have frequent muscle spasms, numbness and tingling in my arms and legs. Certain spots on my skin occasionally feel like i've been burned (I can't stand for anything to touch my skin). It will last for about 2 days and go away instantly, other times my skin just hurts when someone touches me. I am beginning to feel very achy in my arms and legs and I went to the doc thinking it was a vitamin deficiency, but it wasn't. I was refered to a neuro and blood work and test were done for MS, Lupus, Lyme, viruses, etc. All came back fine. I'm wondering about fibro. but the only thing is that the only times I feel pain when I touch the tender points is after an injury, even though I do feel achy all over.

2. MssDarla

MssDarla New Member

Sure sounds like the FM symptons.
    It so sad that it hurts to have anyone touch me.

I hate telling my grandson to not sit on my lap. He has elbows that don't quit. Like there uncontrolable lol,

Or then the cuddling days with hubby are about over it seems. His arm weight is to much.

The pain I have which fibro is very unpredictionable for me.

One day its my neck killing me and then changes to my hips are killing me. Then again in flare ups.

Everything is killing me. But I always ache everywhere. I have spasms with just about everything I do.

Sure sounds like something to bring to your doctors attention.

Good Luck hun,
    MssDarla

sorry all forgot to space the lines[This Message was Edited on 06/19/2006]
  3. place

place New Member

It first started in my feet, I could not stand for over 5 minutes without being in pain. Showers to say the least were interesting! I went 5 years from one foot doc to another,

Then I started to lose function of other body parts, finally I got dx with fibro. Before I went to a Rheumy and was not really honest when he did the tender point check bucause unless it really hurt I did not want him to think that I was a whiner!

Try a chiro, sometimes they help with those tingling feelings!
  4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

and my fms...sorry you have it also...

joodie