Anyone have gallbladder removed and STILL

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Rosiebud, Feb 4, 2006.

1. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

get symptoms??

I had mine out over a year ago. I still belch and burp, sometimes it's like a mini attack at night and hub has to rub away at my back til it stops.

I've seen my doc but as usual, he just shakes his head.

I had HPylori infection after the op and was given antibiotics to clear it, I asked him if perhaps it had returned and he said NO but I've read that it can.

Any advice would be appreciated.

love
    Rosie
  2. 1horse

1horse New Member

You can have stones in the bile ducts and it will cause the same pain.. after my gall bladder was removed I couldnt eat spicy foods (darn) it would cause discomfort and gas and all the other stuff.indegestion was terrible.. only with spicy foods.... take care
  3. caroleye

caroleye New Member

I had mine removed in the mid-70s, and have had digestive problems since.

When I read the autopsy on it, it read "inflammatory"!!
    I was so angry, as my whole body goes into inflammation at times.

But it took til the 80's for me to get educated that just because I had a GB attack, doesn't mean they need to yank it out!!

They're just not educated about alternative/natural ways to bring inflammation down. Biggest one being keeping diet alkaline, and no spices; anything "RED", etc., etc. All the things we have to avoid now.

LIGHT***********carole
  4. kbak

kbak Member

Hi Rosie,
    Anyone that has had their gallbladder removed has to be on digestive enzymes! I had mine out at 20 yrs. old. I still had all kinds of problems for a while. Yrs. back I learned the importance of digestive enzymes. It will help tremendously with the gas & bloating. You do have to buy good enzymes tho. I tried cheaper ones, and they just don't work.

K.
  5. Alyndra

Alyndra New Member

I have mine out in 2004, yet every now and then I still get what my doc calls "phantom attacks"

It's like when you hear about people that have lost an arm or leg, yet swear they can still feel it itch, etc.

Just to be safe my doc did run a whole wack of tests to make sure everything was removed fully and that there were no build ups of scar tissue on the inside from the laproscopic surgery.

Everything was fine, just REALLY annoying.

~Amanda
  6. ncats

ncats New Member

My gallbladder was non funtioning and I had it removed
    because I always had a full feeling and pain under my right
    rib that would radiate into my back. Still had it after
    my gallbladder was removed.
    I have read about Taurine needed after gallbladder removel.
    Taurine helps with the bile in the liver. I now take Taurine and dandelion which also helps with the bile and the two of them really help. I always take digestive enzymes but they didn't help with the liver pain I had.
    google, Taurine, dandelion and liver.

ncats
  7. pamsue

pamsue New Member

Hi I had my gallbladder out about 2 years ago and have not had any problems, I have a problem with gas and with antacid in my stomach already and still do , but that is all

Hearing what you are all saying is making me wonder now. That is all we need, More Pain!!

Thanks for the post and the info

hugs
    pamsue
  8. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

I agree with kbak,that Digestive enzymes are the answer. I had my GB out several years back and I have to,take Digestive Enzymes, to avoid pain and gas. You need to take them with each meal but even with snacks in the evening! Also I would avoid Dairy Products of all kinds. They are the hardest foods to digest!
    Hugs Shirley
  9. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

for answering. Looks like this is more common than I thought.

I will look into buying digestive enzymes and see if they help.

love
    Rosie
  10. Frustratedandtired

Frustratedandtired New Member

I still have pains like a gallbladder attack sometimes and I had mine removed over a year ago! I still have acid reflux.
  11. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

This is useful information. My daughter had hers out at ago 20 and has a lot of digestion problems still.

I will tell her about the digestive enzymes.

Thanks,

Sue in Ontario
  12. debfee11

debfee11 New Member

I had my gallbladder out and still had pain just like you. I kept complaining until my doc sent to to GASTRO guy just to shut me up ! Well he did endoscopy and found 2 duadeunal ulcers that DID NOT show up on G.I. tests. Prevacid helps with it but, as soon as I'm off it for 2 wks the pain is back. Good Luck sweetie. love debbie XXX
  13. Kittyweird

Kittyweird New Member

I had my gallbladder removed 2 years ago. During the first year after, I had a horrible time with my digestive system, constant pain, acid reflux, nausea and vomiting. Since I began taking ginger capsules, I have been able to stop taking both prescription and over the counter meds (antacids, etc.). I also try to stick to a low fat diet, eat lots of veggies, and try not to eat anything at least three or four hours before going to bed. The difference has been amazing.

[ advertisement ]