Anyone have hand cramps?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by chickadee, Jun 10, 2006.

1. chickadee

chickadee New Member

I had surgery for carpel tunnel 20 or so years ago in my right wrist/hand. Lately I am getting cramps late in the day in both hands. Really hurts and nothing seems to help.

These cramps last an hour or so and then go away. Anybody else have these - what do you do for them.

Help..

Chickadee
  2. TxSongBird

TxSongBird New Member

I started trigger point massage therapy and she works on my hands, it feels so good for her to work out the cramps. I wish I could have the therapy every day, but not feasible or convenient, but it would be wonderful.

TxSongBird
  3. kriket

kriket New Member

I get hand cramps really bad sometimes. Especially for about 2-3 days after I've done massages. They get real stiff and sore.

Kriket
  4. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

I get them. I guess I don't cramp as much as ache. I get a deep ache in both hands. And sometimes I get stabbing or shooting pains down my forearms to my fingers. I do cramp a lot when holding a phone or steering wheel, etc.

I also have similar issues with me feet. It has been one of my bigger frustrations. I take Neurontin and Lodine. The Lodine helps but not entirely.

Sofi
  5. chickadee

chickadee New Member

thanks for your replies - massaging my hands doesn't seem to help. Heat doesn't seem to help. Ice doesn't help. They just finally quit and then start again another day.

I thought one time that taking a potassium tablet helped but then I had my doctor check my potassium level and it was o.k. so was probably coincidence that cramps stopped at least for awhile after taking a potassium tablet.

Peace
    Chickadee
  6. JLH

JLH New Member

I have a lot of hand pain. They cramp, go into spasms, ache, etc.

I have a lot of osteoarthritis in them and my wrists. I also have a bunch of small water-filled cysts on the underneath side of my wrists.

I have a slight case of carpal tunnel, but nothing to require surgery on.

I have typed daily for the last 40 years and don't know what a day would be like not to experience pain in my hands and wrists!!! .... as well as everywhere in my body!!

I have so many sizes and shapes of wrists/hand braces to wear while I type and sleep that they take up an entire drawer in my dresser! I think I'm going to order a pair of these stretchy support type gloves with the fingers cut out to support my hands and keep them warm while I type. We keep the A/C set so low in our house in the summer that my fingertips are like ice now!! These are new out and are made by a famous glove maker--can't think of their name now--it's 1:00 am and my head it too foggy!!! I have an ad out of a magazine cut out and in another room to remind me to order them!!