ANyone have heart problems with cfs????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by healthywannabe, Apr 21, 2003.

1. healthywannabe

healthywannabe New Member

Hello. I was wondering, does anyone here with cfs ever fell like there heart is beating really hard? Not fast, just hard. I havn't told my doc. cuz i dont know if its cuz i lay down all the time so it beats hard when i get up, but it's not always after i get up. Any one else have that? Peace..ZOe
  2. Bacci

Bacci New Member

Hi Z,
    Yes I have had lots of heart things going on in the last year. I have had CFIDS for about five years but just started getting the weird heart things. I can't even explain it really, it's not that it's racing, it's just unusual and makes me feel nervous. I finally decided to do something about it and went to a cardiologist a few weeks ago. We did a tilt table test where you lay on a gurney and they measure heart rate and blood pressure while you are laying down, then they elevate/tip the table so you are standing straight up but strapped to the table. My blood pressure dropped to a dangerous level and then my heart started beating funny. Turns out I don't have a heart problem but a neurological problem where my body can't regulate blood pressure very well and it affects my heart. I am now taking beta blockers and will see if this helps. It should also help the nausea and lightheadedness I get whenever I sit up or stand for more than a few minutes. It all costs so much money that I can only do these tests once in awhile but they occasionally give me an answer and a little bit of hope. Hope you find something that works for you. Also, you can try a halter monitor where they put electrodes on your chest for 24 hours to see what your heart does. You can take it home and walk around with it. Maybe that will give you some indication of what is going on when it feels like it's beating "hard".

I know it's scary and it makes you nervous but hopefully you will find out it's someting you can work on.

Good Luck,
    Bacci
  3. Solstice

Solstice New Member

I have a heart condition called mitral valve prolapse. It is very common for people with CFIDS and FMS from what I have read. It is also not a life threatening thing at all. It just causes symptoms.

One of the valves in the heart is not openingy[This Message was Edited on 04/21/2003]