Anyone have HIGH CHOLESTEROL w/ LYME?

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by Chootik, Jan 17, 2007.

1. Chootik

Chootik New Member

HI Everyone.

I just got the results of my blood test and my overall Cholesterol is 260! Darn!

I knew it was a little high but it seems it has gone even higher! I also know that Lyme does elevate the Cholesterol so wondering if anyone here is having the same issue and if so what are you doing for it?

I am looking to do herbal or natural remedies before taking meds. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks again to all.
    Hugs.
    Chootik
  2. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

My hubby lowered his cholesterol by drinking fresh squeesed lemon juice in a glass of luke warm water before each meal. His dr recommeded he try this because hubby wouldn't take his meds and it really worked!!
  3. klutzo

klutzo New Member

Neptune Krill Oil (NKO) did wonders for me. I think it is far better than fish oil, which just raised my LDL. Dr. Mercola's web site has lots of info on it, if you want to read about it.

I tried all the other natural stuff, like Guggul, policosanol,and several others I can't remember anymore, and none of it worked.

Chinese Red Rice Yeast caused the same muscle pain as prescription statins, probably because it is chemically identical to them.

NKO works so well I can hardly believe it. It also lowered my blood sugar and triglycerides. My LDL dropped over 50 pts, but is still too high. However, in Lyme, that can be a good thing.

LDL does have a good function. That is to bind to endotoxins and carry them out. Since Borrelia produces potent endotoxins, the rise in LDL is our body trying to help us and should not be thwarted, IMO. Dr. K has written about this and also feels that way.

LDL is only dangerous when oxidized, so take plenty of antioxidants and eat lots of colorful fruits and veggies. A good toxin binder taken 30 mins. before meals will also help eliminate the bad guys. Chlorella is a good one.

I use Source Naturals NKO. I take one sofgel twice daily with meals. I keep it refrigerated, since it is a real stinker!

Klutzo
  4. Chootik

Chootik New Member

This is great info!

Are you also on the Lyme Net flashboard? I just discovered that and have been reading like mad all the posts about Lyme!

I have had CFS for about 3 1/2 years now but the Lyme diagnosis is new to me! I didnt even suspect Lyme until I stared getting stars in my vision and a double vision.

So now I'm doing the Cowden Protocal with Samento/Cumanda. I also take Chollera but not enough I think.

The more I read the more this whole thing makes sense to me. Lyme just totally messes up our system and I hope I can get rid of it as fast as possible.

Can you tell me what you have done so far for it? What has helped the most in your opinion?

Are you on ABX? I haven't done that yet but am doing another Western Blot today and according to the results the doc will probably put me on ABX.

I'm so confused Klutzo, not sure what would be the best course of action.

If you can shed some light it would be much appreciated.

Lots of good wishes to you.

Chootik
  5. Chootik

Chootik New Member

Who's Dr. K?
  6. klutzo

klutzo New Member

Hi Chootik,
    Yes, I am also Klutzo over at LymeNet. If you've been reading the Newbie links thread in the Flash Discussion over there , you know one major rule there, and it should also be that way here, is to never give the full name of a good LLMD in print. That is why I just said Dr. K.

Trolls from the government comb these forums for doctors whose lives they can ruin with prosecution, raids,confiscation of records, etc. The DEA will take away licenses to practice medicine for treatment of Lyme with long-term ABX. The best LLMD Pediatrician in the country is fighting for his life in court right now,and there are several threads about his predicament at LymeNet, if you are interested. They are destroying him with legal fees alone.

There is an all out war going on to try to keep Lyme patients from getting coverage for long term treatment, and prevent doctors from giving it to us. The average chronic Lyme patient costs far more to treat than an Alzheimer's patient, and the insurance companies don't want to go bankrupt. It is the most politicized disease in the world. It is also a shameful illustration of what a fascist country we've become, IMO.

Dr. K is more public than some and his clinic has it's own web site. You can find more by PMing Gigi at LymeNet.... She went into remission under his care. Or Google "Neural therapy". I think you can find Dr. K's article on Lyme tx called someting like "A Look Beyond Antibiotics" at www.samento.com.ec in the Lyme Borreliosis section. This site is a library for alt. tx, and does not sell anything.

By the time I found out I had Lyme and not Fibro, it had altered my immune system so much that I was allergic to all the ABX that kill it, so I have had no ABX, only herbs. I am deep into tertiary Lyme, with significant confirmed heart and brain damage, and am now having muscle wasting as well.

I started with six months of the Zhang Protocol with no results. Then I used just Samento and herxed like crazy on it for over a year, never getting above 10 drops per day, and severely limiting my functioning. I also tried MOH Lyme Sets, which put me in the hospital with dangerously high potassium, and MHA energy vials, which did nothing.

I've been on a mofified Cowden protocol for a year, up until recently when I decided I was tired of herxing all the time and not getting better.

I cannot take any quinine derivitives as they make me stop breathing, so Quina is out for me. Bromelain causes tachycardia in many people and is cross-reactive with bee sting allergy, which I have, so I take a broad spectrum enzyme instead.

Burbur did not help me at all, so I use chlorella instead, and drink a lot of water with lemon juice in it.

I can tolerate Cumanda, but am unable to get near to the dosage of Samento on the Cowden protocol due to herxing. I am currently on 3 drops of Samento per day. That is all I can handle without cardiac herxes, and I would not even be able to handle that without acupuncture to help my heart.

I am taking so much heart medicine my lower legs and feet are swollen, so the acupuncture has been essential in keeping me from having to take even more to control my symptoms.

If I could do anything I wanted, I think I would use agressive, multiple IV ABX for about 6 months, making sure to use an ABX that kills chetes, as well as one that kills L-forms, and one that breaks open the cyst forms. Then I'd try herbs after the pathogen load had been reduced. I hope this answers your questions. Don't forget those Newbie links at LymeNet, they are invaluable for learning this stuff.

Best wishes,
    Klutzo
  7. klutzo

klutzo New Member

Oops! I realized I had not told you about things that DID help me. We are all different, but for me the things that have helped most are:

1. Mild exercise for 30 mins. 6 days per week, including stretching, strength training, and light aerobics.

2. Drugs: Xanax, Clonidine, Verapamil, Armour Thyroid.

3. Supplements: Magnesium citrate, 200 mgs. 4 X day, B Complex, 50 mgs. 2 X day, and broad spectrum Digestive enzymes with each meal. I take many other supps., but those are the three I consider essential for help with symptoms.

4. Complete elimination of toxic people from my life, and yes, that also includes relatives.

5. Not talking on the phone....it uses up your adrenal reserves very quickly.

6. The Insulin Resistance Diet

7. Trying to get at least 15 minutes of sun on my bare skin daily.

8. Avoiding noisy, crowded places, and any place where I'd be exposed to outgassing chemicals from new items.

9. The CPAP machine for sleep apnea.

10. Acupuncture for my heart problems due to Lyme.

Klutzo
  8. Chootik

Chootik New Member

Thanks for all the good info. I didn't know about not mentioning the Dr. names! Now I know!

Anyways, I just did my second IGENEX Test and am waiting for the results. When that comes in, I'm going to have a phone consult with my Doc and he will probably put me on ABX. I just feel that with the herbs, I haven't really gotten better, I haven't gotten worse but not better either.

I think you're right. In order to really kill this thing one has to be agressive and come at it from different angles to get rid of it or at least drop it so low that the body can keep it under wraps.

Good luck to you and thanks again.
    Chootik