anyone have history of gallbladder problems?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by monicaz49, Dec 31, 2006.

1. monicaz49

monicaz49 New Member

i did.
    i suffered w/ attacks for 2 years.
    finally diagnosed and had surgery to remove.
    although i have 2 diagnoses at this time (CFS and LYme)
    ive noticed many people have issues with this organ.
    Just curious
    i have nothing better to do on this lovely final day of 2006
  2. cbybay

cbybay New Member

I suffered many,. many gallbladder attacks for 4 yrs. before finally a doc figured it out and removed it. Best day of my life! (healthwise).
    Don't know what-if anything -this might have had to do with this dd but I beleive I had symptoms before. I was 55 then, am 61 now; just "officially" diagnosed this past week.
    I feel so darn fortunate that it waited this long when I read other posts from
    younger people!
    Carol
  3. IowaMorningGlory

IowaMorningGlory New Member

It took an MRI, Cat Scan, HIDA scan (which I would not wish on anyone), all kinds of blood tests to tell me my gallbladder was not working at all.

No history of gallstones, only the severe abdominal pain that wouldn't go away, etc. problems.

Once they got rid of it, I felt better for awhile. Maybe a month or two and then it seems like that is when my FM kicked in hard and mean. It was subtle before then, but now it is full blown.

Not sure if the gallbladder had anything to do with it or the stress of the surgery. It will be interesting to see how many others might have a connection.

I am with you Monica, not doing anything to bring the new year in..just sitting here and kicking back waiting for pain meds to kick in. :)

Take care and Kitten Hugs,
    Blessed Be,
    Laurie
  4. mrpain

mrpain New Member

Did it help with your cfs??
  5. monicaz49

monicaz49 New Member

i never suffered an attack or pain after that surgery.
    i didnt have cfs at the time. i developed it about 2 years later.
    i always analyze things. thinking maybe the gallbladder provides some function that we dont know about that can cause weakness, etc.
    just curious.
  6. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Whatever our other medical conditions, the risk of attacks from gallstones or gallbladder disease just adds to the problem. My surgeon said you could actually die from gallstones, or if you wait too long, wind up with a major surgery instead of the less invasive laparscopic procedure.

He also said many doctors fail to diagnose gallbladder disease, and mistakenly think the problem is gastric reflux. That is what happened to me.

I don't think it causes CFS or fibromyalgia, but it doesn't help matters.

I had my gallbladder out 11/5/06 and it did not cure all my digestive problems. Maybe it will just take time to get better, I don't know.

7. MelaC

MelaC New Member

had mine removed in June so glad its out