Anyone have history with kidney stones?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by vannafeelbettr, Aug 20, 2008.

1. vannafeelbettr

vannafeelbettr New Member

Both my parents and 4 siblings (and self) have had many stones. My sister, 1 brother and i have Fibro. I was wondering if there may be any connections to excessive calcium deposits in blood and Fibro, or just coincidence.

2. AngelonaWing

AngelonaWing New Member

I had a kidney stone removed on 8-12-2008
    The pain took me to my knees the day before. Neighbor called 911 and I got a free ride to the hospital. ( Hubby is a firefighter) that was his shift.. but he was not working or at home that time.

They inserted a Stent to help prevent infecion.
    it was moved yesterday 8-20-2008 THAT WAS painful.
    Today I am feeling wonderful!

They want a 24 urine catch... They also took some blood to check calcium deposits and to what kind of foods I cannot eat.

They want to do an Ultra sound in a month to how I am doing.
  3. Cinlou

Cinlou New Member

Yes.....I have had many!!! Zowie the pain is worse the childbirth.....have not had one in about 7 years...omgosh sure hope I am not due for one far as I know I am the only one in my family.....have twin brother and he has never had them.....nor does he have FM....Interesting though.....I have calcium (bone spurs) all down my spine......
  4. vannafeelbettr

vannafeelbettr New Member

I have bone spurs all along my spine too! I was reading a book on FM where the theory is people have a build up of phosphate and calcium in their system, that settles on bones, joints, and muscles. HMMMM......
  5. justlooking

justlooking New Member

What is the name of the book you are reading?

I have had kidney stones and I also have had a high blood calcium for over a year now. My Dr believes I most likely have tumor in my parathyroid (hyperparathyroid). I've seen an endocrinologist who wants to test my adrenals.