anyone have increased syptoms w/Cymbalta?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mommy22, Aug 26, 2005.

1. mommy22

mommy22 New Member

My dr. put me on Cymbalta about 2 months ago. I'm taking 60mg. right now and feel worse than i have in years. The pain has doubled and I am constantly sad and anxious. I've tried to tell myself it's not the med. but because I am going nuts w/my kids, anxious about school starting or becasue my dog keeps peeing in the office. I know these aren't really the cause. My husband even told me to get off of the med because he's seeing a difference in my emotional state. I know i'm only on 1/2 the ideal dose, but am scared to up it. Has anyone else had neg. results from Cymbalta? I know most of you have had great success. Is it possible that i am just not on a high enough dose? I've taken many antidepres. before and have not felt "better" on some of them, but never so much worse. help. Thanks a bunch, Sonya
  2. nozomi

nozomi New Member

you are having that experience! I am on Cymbalta, 60 mgs and I am doing better. If I stop taking it I remember why I am taking it really fast. Everyone reacts differently to meds. I took Zoloft once and had visual/audio hallucinations! Maybe not the meds for you? I am suer there will be better advice than mine! I hope you feel better soon!
  3. suzetal

suzetal New Member

I take it . I use 90mg a day at lunch time.My doctors also put me on nuontrin. They said it works with the cymbalta to help ease the pain. I take 1800mg of that a day.
    It has made some days good and other days I am in a flare. Ill take the few days that I do get.They don't make me feel sick or anything else.
    Good luck Take care
    Sue
  4. aquabugs

aquabugs New Member

It gave me terrible insomnia, which of course made my fatigue and pain worse. Right now, I have been on Effexor for a couple of months with no change in my pain or fatigue level. Just seems like another pill to swallow for no reason!!

I hope you find some relief soon!

Sylvia
  5. mommy22

mommy22 New Member

I do appreciate your story...very much. I have felt pretty alone in this and frustrated becasue so many seem to have such positive results. I wasn't expecting this trial of Cymbalta to take me so many steps back. I feel a lot better hearing i am not crazy.
  6. Empower

Empower New Member

I am on Cymbalta, and I actually think I am more depressed on it

I KNOW that I am more anxious on it

It does help a little with the pain, but strangely enough, not all the time