Anyone have insurance reimburse for FFC

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dakotasweett, Nov 22, 2005.

1. dakotasweett

dakotasweett New Member

I just had my second visit at the FFC in Pittsburgh and am trying to get paperwork together to submit for insurance. My first problem is the insurance company is requiring a referral which my PCP says the cannot give sine the FFC does not have some number necessary for the referral.

Has anyone else had this issue? If so, how were you able to resolve it?

Also, I wanted to see how many people out there have actually received any reimbursement for their FFC visits?

Thanks so much!

-Vanessa
  2. jane32

jane32 New Member

it pays 80% of everything except the vitamins. I have to reach my out of network deductable first but it did cover all of the bloodwork.
  3. dakotasweett

dakotasweett New Member

I paid $325 for both my first and second visit...but the biggy was the supplements. Everything included I have spent $1400 (and that doesn't include the bloodwork since my insurance did cover that).

I only work part time so I have to at least try to get some kind of reimbursement...or I may not be able to afford many more FFC visits!

My insurance is Keystone blue. I think the number my PCP needed was a provider number. The people at the FFC said they don't have one since they don't directly deal with the insurance companies, but my PCP said they must have one to give me a referral.

This is all so very confusing!!!!