Anyone Have Luck With A Nutritionist

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by HppeandMe, Sep 18, 2005.

1. HppeandMe

HppeandMe New Member

I am thinking about seeing a nutritionist/ allergist combo doctor. Has anyone seen a nutritionist and if so what kind of results did you achieve??

Much Love to my newly found wonderful friends!!
  2. bourasaw

bourasaw New Member

Hi there,

My mom just found out on Friday that she has fibromyalgia. I wanted to see if there was a more natural approach to treating this, and my nutritionist told me there are three good options out there to try. All of these options are listed in "Malic Acid and Magnesium for Fibromyalgia and Chronic Pain Syndrome." It depends where you are located and what is available near you, but there are some more natural apporaches to treating this when medicine has not helped or you do not want to try certain drugs.

Don't know if that will help you at all or if you have read the little booklet yet, but it can't hurt to mention it.

3. RioRita1717

RioRita1717 New Member

In response to the question about anyone having luck with a nutritionist, I would have to say I HAVE! She, in particular, does not test for FM, but is very familiar with the syndrome and the various supplements that seem to help some people. In addition, she has evaluated my eating plan and after weighing me(I didn't look!) and doing a metabolic test(to determine how efficient your body is in processing food) she comes up with a food plan that suits YOU and your condition. In the area of weight gain(I'm having residual problems in this area after coming off YASMIN), she also gives you a good diary to use that actually helps you track your calories. I was SHOCKED when I saw how many calories I was taking in, even though I didn't think I was eating "much". When you consume things like protein bars and the like on the run, they really add up!

So, I would have to say, that I have had good luck, but it really does depend on the person. Mine was recommended by my gynecologist but you can check them out if they have a website or by a short "phone interview".

Good Luck!
  4. Junie

Junie New Member

I recently saw a Certified Nutritioinist/Chiro for advice on getting started on Diabetic diet.
    She used Kineisiology as a part of her diagnosis. She could not do a blood draw herself but could send me to a lab and she would get the results --- we didn't get that far. She prescribed various vitamins and gave me a basic diet to follow. She said I should eat 2 eggs every morning.
    While I am not down on Eggs, I do have a Cholesterol problem and that just did not sound right to me --- I eat them probably once/twice a week.
    As for the Chiro part, put me on 3 different instruments, but no exam --- I've been thru enough with my back over the years to know thats not a good way to start out. While I didn't look forward to having x-ays, I did expect at least a physical examination.
    Over all I just didn't feel comfortable with the treatment so did not return. She did say there were abt 15 different things she'd test for so maybe I didn't give her a chance to really show what she could do for me.
    Was your experience anything like this ?
    Junie