Anyone have lupus with FM?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by texasrose204, Jul 26, 2008.

1. texasrose204

texasrose204 New Member

I was dx with fm then about year later dx with lupus too. Haven't seen much on this board with fm that anyone has lupus also! there isn't alot on the lupus board here. This is pretty much where i post etc. but was wondering if someone else here was dealing with lupus?
  2. texasrose204

texasrose204 New Member

I appreciate your help! I haven't done to much research on lupus. My rheum says if he gets lupus under control then i won't have so much pain. But when ihave so much pain right now he blames on the fm. I see him every 3 mths and changes my med when needed. I have alot of pain he did just increase my pain med. i went with my bfriend to dinner and sears saturday and i have been down last 3 days exhuastion and pain. whenever i push my self like that it happens! i dont know if you consider that exercise but that what happens. then i feel a burdern to bf and swear i am never leaving house again!
    I will check out the website and other dx's you stated! Thank you so much!
  3. englishteacher

englishteacher New Member

Hi texasrose,

Yes, I have both of them. It's a joy. Arthritis, migraines, restless leg, vasculities, social anxieties, exhaustion...mmmm..that's all I can think of right now. This board seems to be the best I've found specifically for Fibro but if you go to you'll find a message board that is wonderful for that and related conditions.

Best wishes,
  4. texasrose204

texasrose204 New Member

I appreciate your replies! Am doing the research you have suggested. I know I have been tested and retested for the last year and half. Tested positive 2 times since Feb and April that is when Dr told me i had lupus.
    He says my tests show everything ok right now in regards to my organs. But the exhaustion, pain and brain fog is what keeps me down. I go back end of aug will see how tests are then. Thanks!
  5. texasrose204

texasrose204 New Member

My dr put me on prednisone when he dx with lupus. I felt better than i had in a year or so. He had me take it only a mth, when i got off week by week i just progressed back to the pain, exhaustion etc. I have asked to take it again or just every now and then but he wont let me? It made such a difference pain, energy level i thought the old me was coming back-- wrong! Was wondering if ya'll had taken this or take it now. I sure wish i could i have painting, things i stared that mth that need finishing!
  6. texasrose204

texasrose204 New Member

I read on here someone said prednisone didn't do anything for fm?
    I see the Dr.'s you wrote about mentioned alot on this board. Was wondering about that?
    And no i don't mind you posting to Kathy i am thankful that you are replying! so thanks again! Do you have fm?
    Hugs, Christie
  7. texasrose204

texasrose204 New Member

Thanks Having hard time absorbing everything but appreciate your replies. it will take several times to read it been really having hard time with things -memory thinking problems. My dr did do double sdna test after 2 pos. ana's. he had dx me with fm year before but since i complained of problems to him and nuero. i have had mri. eeg's everything and labs repeatedly the whole year. I always felt there was something else going on. ms or lupus?
    Myr rheum told me from day one that fm is usually secondary to something. I am always caustious to dr dx?
    I have so many medicals bills that right now i have not pushed the testing.

I do read alot about lyme on here. I just cant believe something can be so life changing and we have no answers.
    I have been in the bed since last saturday going shopping to yesterday. which i got up and felt better and of course cleaned, bathed the dogs etc. and today i am crappy again.
    I won't settle for this i will keep on looking for answers because this is not living to me!

I can't say thanks enough to the both of you -- your wisdom is priceless and i appreciate you both for sharing what you know! Thank you for you time also!