Anyone have Lyme Disease with their FM ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mom04, Dec 4, 2006.

1. mom04

mom04 New Member

I have Lyme disease along with Fm, CF, and Hypothyroid... off and on I've had severe 'itching'. It went away for a few months and now has returned...to distraction. Keeps me awake and is driving me nuts !!! Anyone experienced this, what helped?
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

There is a debate over whether if one is dx'd with lyme if that means one also has CF or FM. Hard to say... my guess is it means that one has really had Lyme as it can masquerade in so many ways and takes hold wherever one is genetically weakest.

I don't know about itching, haven't heard that symptom... you might want to try the Lyme board here (click on 'message boards' above) and/or do some research at ilads.org...

But, medication, supplement, or food allergies could cause it. I tried OLE (Olive Leave Extract) a few years ago, and found that I was awakening myself by scratching in my sleep ... I also started drinking green tea recently and found it did the same thing... so you might want to take a second look at medications AND supplements, and even foods.

Hope this helps, at least this will give a bump up to the top!

all the best,
    Victoria

3. cfsveteran

cfsveteran New Member

I now have lyme. I had cfs for many, many years but compared to how I am now with lyme as well, it was paradise to just have CFS!
  4. victoria

victoria New Member

did you just have mild symtoms of lyme when you 'had CFIDS' or something viral, for example, to start...

I know I've never been right since I had mono and associated meningitis for a year at 18... but yet my son who definitely has lyme had all my symptoms that then progressed into FM's symptoms... except it was Lyme.

No one knows for sure, that's the hard part.

best,
    Victoria

5. Clouddead

Clouddead New Member

Victoria and twin hit the nail on the head. If you are diagnosed with Lyme that is causing your problems! There may be other issues (viral, metals etc) but they are likely to be side issues and lyme/co infections related.