Anyone have more pain on one side than the other?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Beadlady, Mar 30, 2010.

1. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

It used to be just my left hand & wrist, and then it continued up into my lower part of my arm and now it is in my hip and down my left leg.

Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else.

On my right side I mostly have pain in my fingers, lower arm and at times my shoulder too, but it has always been worse on the left side. [This Message was Edited on 03/30/2010]
  2. rocky76

rocky76 Member

I have more pain on the left side but I figured it was because I'm left handed...

Also I've had shingles on my left side....

I just figured it was Fibro...

One thing about this DD is there is never a dull moment with it.....
  3. loto

loto Member

I have more widespread pain on my left side than my right.

So strange.

Great post!!!! Interesting to see how everyone else experiences their pain.

4. FibroFay

FibroFay New Member

My pain is just the opposite. I've had fibro for 14 yrs. and my pain has always been worse on my right side, the whole way from my right shoulder, arm, ribs, hip, and leg. My right foot is worse than my left also, and I often have a limp on my right side.

My doctor said he sees this all the time, where the pain is worse on one side than the other.

Weird illness, isn't it?

Your username begs the question. Do you craft beaded jewelry, etc? Have a good day.

5. bre_ann

bre_ann New Member

I, too, have more pain on one side than the other..I have feet pain but my right one is worse..neck, shoulder, hip, knee..all right-sided but hands and back have been both sides.
  6. shari1677

shari1677 New Member

I saw this post and immediately had to respond!

I've had my pain about 95% on the RIGHT side from the top of my head to the bottom of my toes. With medication, I can kinda live with it.

However, at times it does MOVE to the LEFT side, at which point it sends me reeling! No amount of meds work when this happens.

Before I was diagnosed with FM, it was thought I tore a muscle in my right shoulder area. I was sent to physical therapy for 6 weeks. Once I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia (before the diagnosis really set in), I went back to physical therapy for 1 more visit at which point the therapist and nurse both said "Oh, you poor thing". [This Message was Edited on 04/02/2010]
  7. richvank

richvank New Member

Hi, all.

I realize that this is not the explanation in all cases of symptoms that are dominant on one side, but I think that Lyme disease should be considered in such cases, especially if joint pain is involved, or symptoms involving one eye. As you can imagine, the Borrelia bacteria do not coordinate their attack on the two sides of the body.