Anyone Have muscle spasms??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by chyrelleann, May 1, 2003.

1. chyrelleann

chyrelleann New Member

I get spasms up under the breast and it feels like someone is squeezing with all their might? I told my PCP today and all she said is I need physical therapy! Anyone get these??

chyrelleann
  2. fibrorebel

fibrorebel New Member

and seems to be always at the worst time too. I have been known to get them allover but most prominently my legs and chest. Hard to get a deep breath when it is doing that. I just recently was put on muscle relaxers and so the spasms are not as bad . I sometimes explain my pain to folks who ask what it is like that they need to imagine having a body-wide charlie-horse!LOL! love, Rebel
  3. dghoover

dghoover New Member

all the time, mainly in my back and legs but I've had them other place also. My Rhemy says I have Spasms of my heart muscle too.

DGHOOVER
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Chyrelleann, welcome to the board. Yes, I have had muscle spasms that actually made me scream.

I am taking Pro Energy (Malic Acid and Magnesium Glycinate), plus ZMA (zinc, magnesium, and vitamin B-6). Since I started the above I rarely have spasms anymore. Just once in awhile now.

the medical profession has found out that most people with FM/CFS are deficient in magnesium, which helps heal the muscles while we sleep, plus its good for about 80 other ailments including heart problems and diabetes.

I have had wonderful results taking it.

Again, welcome to the board, and do hope you get some relief soon. I was getting them mostly in the upper back.

Shalom, Shirl
  5. ozgran

ozgran New Member

and yes I get muscle spasms but not where you do. It can be in my arms, tummy, legs or just about anywhere but have not had them under the breasts. They have reduced since I have been taking magnesium etc and also SAMe, so I have been feeling a lot better. Hope you find something to help. Love Ozgran.
    [This Message was Edited on 05/02/2003]
  6. lynnkat

lynnkat New Member

I haven't had muscle spasms under the breast yet,thank God, but have had them other places! Sometimes I can be sitting in my recliner with my tootsies up and get a cramp that makes my toes move apart so that it looks like I'm giving Mr. Spocks (the guy on star trek) greeting, ya know the one "live long and prosper". Ooops, guess I'm showing how old I am.

I also get these sharp pains like someone is poking me with a cattle prod. Very exciting---so exciting that it makes you say nasty words!

My doc gave me a muscle relaxer,tizanidine 4 mg twice a day, so the pains have lessened considerably unless I do something dumb and try to do everything in one day. I was only diagnosed last November and am still trying to find my way with this disease.

Hope you get those spasms under control and feel better soon. (((HUGS))) lynnkat
  7. sunnysideliving

sunnysideliving New Member

Hi,

I read allo over the net about taking Magnesium for CFS.
    First of all, what kind of magnesiums exist? What can be the difference between two brand of product providing magnesium?

Secondly, as I see with this DD we need to take much bigger dose than a healthy person. What is the suggestion for CFS?

Lastly, I take 400 mg per day (usually with dinner). Sleeping had not been problem for me, since I got this DD. (Well, it is difficult only when I have strong muscle or joint pain.) However, it does not matter how much I sleep, I still wake up fatigue. Any suggestion besides Magnesium?

Thanks for you all!
    Cheers,
    Andras