Anyone have pain/discomfort in the temples?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by chaps, Jan 9, 2010.

1. chaps

chaps New Member

I recall at the onset of my CFS/FM, the earliest symptoms included discomfort in the temples, particularly the left one. This seemed to go away or subside for quite a long time, like a couple of years.

6 months or so ago, I had a relapse of the CFS (Epstein-Barr) and the pain in both temples came back. It seems to have pretty much gone away on the right side, but the left side seems to persist. It might subside for a couple of days at a time, but it seems to keep coming back.

The pain I'm talking about seems to be close to the surface, not deep or inside the skull as in a headache. It's in the area of the temporal muscles, and sinus. When massaging that area, it feels as though there are little lymph nodes in there that are the source of the pain. Pressing on them makes the pain increase (just as with lymph nodes).

Are there lymph nodes in the temporal muscles?

Anyway, I'm wondering if any others with CFM/FM have experienced this kind of thing, or if it's something separate that I need to have checked out.

Could it be related to silver amalgam fillings?
  2. ckm

ckm New Member

I have pain in my temples quite often. I've started going to massage therapy the last 3 years or so and my therapist tells me it's from muscle tension in my neck. He works on me and it goes away for awhile until the tension starts coming back again. You might try this to see if it gives you any relief.