**Anyone have pain in muscles, so bad it burns

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by boltchik, Sep 5, 2006.

1. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Hi,

My fibro muscle pain is mostly centered in my feet, my shoulders, neck and upper arms. The newest pain is in the bicep area of my upper arms. It hurts so bad tonight, it is pain mixed with almost a burning feeling. Does anyone else experience this? It comes and goes, but in the past few months has happened more frequently and is very painful.
    Thanks! Kim
    [This Message was Edited on 09/05/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 09/05/2006]
  2. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I read somewhere that "burning" type pain is from nerve problems. My pain is normally "aching".

Maybe someone else here can give more info....
  3. boltchik

boltchik New Member

4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i have felt i was dunked in scolding hot water for a month and half maybe longer...i was running fever..it hurt to even by lightly hugged, clothing etc...

i have it from head to toe...

the klonopin helps with this for me..

jodie
  5. boltchik

boltchik New Member

PV lady, thanks for responding.:)

Lu, my husband used acupuncture for pain, maybe I should give it a try. Right now I am in physical therapy, water exercises, deep tissue massage, and manual manipulation of the discs. I thought it was helping, but I hurt so badly today, I'm not sure if it is or not.

Jodie, I used to use klonopin for anxiety, before my pain started. I did not know it could be used for pain, or does it just help take the edge off, so you can relax and deal with the pain more?

Thanks for taking the time to write me. :) Kim
  6. NO1NOS

NO1NOS New Member

i have the same pain neck( may surgery for hern 4567discs
    recoverying fromthat also,,fm pain klonipin methocarbimal,requip, quinine sulfate)restl leg synd helps fm also plus pain meds, sleep meds alot but surgery and fm has taken a tole on me,,some wks cant get out of bed pain over whole body stiff aches, cant even wear jewelry or reg. clothes at times loose fit feel better and shoes hurt also. sleep is major problem 4 me also.. good luck In ur shoes
  7. matthewson

matthewson New Member

My FMs pain is mostly a burning sensation along with aching. Rarely do I get a stabbing pain.

I take tramadol and neurontin and it takes care of both the burning and the aching. I have been taking it for over 2 years now and have not had to up my doses. It allows me to function. I hate having to take meds everyday, but I have tried to go without and the burning pain will drive you up the wall after a few hours!

Hope you can find something that works for you!

Take care, Sally
  8. midnite1

midnite1 New Member

i sure can relate to the pain with burning and aching and tried to go without meds also but i end pretty paralyed with pain without meds. So that sure is not my option.
    i constantly get burning in my legs and feet mostly but i'm not sure from what i was told yesterday i most likely have a herniation in lower back which would cause the pain and burning in legs and feet . Am looking into it further if i do find answers i will share. Yep and the doc said i would need to do a ct scan but she doesn't want to go there after all the problems we had trying to get the mri done. =Severly claustrophobic. ativan didn't even help. till i took about 4 of them but we couldn't finish it up after the meds wore off. Yes also told too that the nerves were being pinched somehow which could also cause the burning. I hoped i helped u along ..
  9. valry

valry New Member

I just started the burning pain. I usually get the deep aching. I went to a neuro and she gave me Lyrica. So far it helps with the hands and feet. My back is REALLY bad and I will have another MRI today. I hope you get some relief soon. Val
  10. floxie

floxie New Member

I have burning pain in ankles, knees, shoulders, arms back etc. It seems that the antibiotic I took is known to cause pain like ours. I took a fluoroquinolone called levaquin. There are others by other names like cipro, avelox, tequin etc. I have found a forum filled with people with all these symtoms from the medication whose drs named their problems "fybromyalgia" . Check to see if you've been given any of these drugs in the past two years. I have had mri's, c-scans, x-rays, blood tests, everything was normal.
    [This Message was Edited on 09/06/2006]
  11. Lilly737

Lilly737 New Member

Hi
    I had a burning pain in my legs when I walked it felt like walking through water,
    just before I was diagnosed with hypothiroyd I'm on oroxin for the thyroid dificiency now and I don't get that any more,
    but for the pain I do still get I take panadine, I'm in Australia so if you don't have it there, it's paracetamol and codine, my Dr perscribes panadine forte if I need it, it's stronger it has more codine.
    I also take lots of garlic tablets to help get rid of the viruses I keep getting and swollen glands.
    Lilly
  12. boltchik

boltchik New Member

I guess I am not alone with the burning pain. Sometimes it aches, sometimes it burns, or both.

No1nos-so sorry you are bedridden sometimes and that even jewelry hurts, wow. I hope you are feeling better today.

Sally, I hate taking meds also, but it may come to daily doses-boo!

midnite1-my physical therapist did say it could have to due with the inflammation in my neck muscles. I did test positive recently for rheumatoid factor. I am a little nervous, I hope it's not rheumatoid arthritis. Hope you find out more answers to your problems soon.

Val-good luck with your MRI, I will say a prayer for you!

Floxie, I don't remember taking any of those meds, the only antibiotic I have taken recently is the Z pack. I will further inquire to my doctor though.

Lilly-I think my thyroid tests were okay this time around, but I have had issues before. Well, who knows, I see my doc again today-hope to get some more answers.

Thanks everyone for your thoughtful replies! :)
  13. JoyMarie

JoyMarie New Member

Hi everyone... I'm new here, but I can totally relate to everyone about the pain. The burning, aching, etc... I am soooo tired of being in pain!! I am on prednisone, plaquenil, muscle relaxers and vicodin, along with many other meds for other autoimmune diseases.
    The pain is sometimes very intense!! and I've been in the ER a couple times recently for the pain. At least the hospital was very nice and didn't think that I was just drug seeking, like some people think. I pray that someone will be able to find a cure, or at least a treatment that actually works for this/these nasty disease(s).
    My diseases include, asthma/multiple allergies, multiple chemical sensitivities, hashimotos thyroiditis, hypoglycemia, sarcoidosis, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue sysndrome, sleep apnea, multiple fibroid tumors, costochondritis, degenerative disc disease, etc...
    Hang in there everyone... one day we will not be in pain anymore... Joy Marie
  14. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I have this pain and lately its in my hands . It feels like I have thousands of pins sticking me under my skin all over my hands .
    very painful but it comes and goes also.
  15. encantare

encantare New Member

I have this quite often, and although it's terrible...I did find something that helps during the night. It's a mineral/herbal supplement. It's mostly magnesium (which we're almost all deficient in), and magnesium is great for muscle pains of all kinds. Take a table spoon to start (because it can cause loose stools until you're used to it). I sure hope it helps you as much as it did me. I find that taking it an hour before bed is best, cause it can make you sleepy during the day. Good luck.
    Brynn
  16. yodasmom

yodasmom New Member

Make sure you are taking adequate Magnesium and Malic acid. Dr. Tatelbaums web site will give you info on this. Also it will help with sleep which is vital to all healing of this horrid disease. Herbs and ambien are the beat for this. Klonopin at night is good for pain and sleep...also amitryptiline (all add low doses) helped change my life.
    The biggest help I found was Reiki. I learned Reiki 1 in a weekend course. I now practice it everyday and go to a clinic once a week (donation basis). I cannot say enough about Reiki for pain relief and immune system help![This Message was Edited on 09/06/2006]
  17. boltchik

boltchik New Member

JoyMarie-Holy cow! Sorry you have to deal with all of those ailments. Well, since you are new here (I am pretty new also), I've found that any question you have, someone can probably help with it. Take good care of yourself.

Carebelle-several months ago I had the pins and needles and bad hand pain. Then one day it just went away. Go figure! Who knows with this DD. Hope you are feeling well today.

encantare and yodasmom-I haven't heard about the magnesium supp's yet, I will ask my dr. about it. Thanks! Now, I am hearing from others that they take Klonopin for pain, I thought it was more of a anxiety reliever. Amitryptiline I tried for sleep, but had a bad reaction. I think I am going to try the natural sleep therapy pills Dr. Teitelbaum
    suggests.

Thanks everyone for your input! :)
  18. jake123

jake123 New Member

I have had burning pain in my arms, feet and legs but I have also had alot of weakness in my legs and arms also. And then there is the joint pain.
    I take Indomethecin 3 times a week and that helps with the joint pain but I can only take it just 3 times a week.
  19. Bren2135

Bren2135 New Member

Hi Kim -- a physical therapist once told me that spastic, constricted muscles will irritate the nerves, causing the burning. Ouch...

By the time I'm feeling 'the burn', trigger point release works for me. Some people get relief from muscle relaxants or pain meds too.

I hope you're feeling better soon..

Hugs,
    Brenda
  20. jaime13

jaime13 New Member

I get burning in my back so bad it makes me want to scream.