Anyone have pain in this spot?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kar1953, Apr 30, 2003.

1. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

I have been having pain in what I would call a strange area for fms. But then, I guess it can be anywhere. The pain is on my right side just a couple of inches below my armpit & a couple of inches from my breast. I'm kinda worried that it might be something other than fms. pain. There is one specific spot that if touched just sends me through the roof. Other times it is just like an ache.

If anyone else has or has had this, it would help ease my mind till I see my doc on the 9th.

Thanks & take care.........Kathi
  2. celina

celina New Member

I had that, but I started wearing a sports shirt instead of a bra and wow, it helped, but do tell your doctor, cause it could be gland thing.
    Celina
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

This same area was like a boil it was so tender. Have you had bronchial problems of late or allergies?

Love, Mikie
  4. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

Thanks for such quick responses. Ellie, I too have a history of breast cancer in my family. Mom had it & one of my dads sisters died from it. That was the first thing that entered my mind. I do have a mamogram once per year but haven't had one yet this year. Usually I go in May so that will be coming up.

Mikie, first of all - welcome back. From what I read things went well for you. That's great. I haven't had any bronchial problems lately & far as I know I only have one allergy to the drug sulfa.

Celina, thanks for the suggestion of the sports shirt. Do you mean like a sport bra? My bra goes right over the spot that hurts. I do have a couple of sport shirt/bras. Think I'll get them out & give em a go.

Thanks again....Kathi
  5. maggie1146

maggie1146 New Member

I have that also. I also have pain in my feet.
  6. HURTSALOT2

HURTSALOT2 New Member

Kathi, I have a few things in common with you. I have that same pain, same area, but on my left side. I was born on October 20th in the 50's. The only drug I am allergic to is Sulfa. And last is the Fibromyalgia.

Let's welcome Maggie to the board
    Maggie, I have pain in my feet also, sometimes they hurt so bad I can hardly walk.

Take care.
    HURTSALOT2
  7. Takesha

Takesha New Member

I'm new to all this but I think that is one of 18 pressure points. I remember reading that a lot of people complain of pain in either one side or the other and 50% of women say that one or the other breast hurts. My side of "non choice" pain is the left side....hope that helps and if I am wrong someone correct me please.

Takesha
  8. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

"Fibromyalgia & Dhronic Myofascial Pain Syndrome", it's a great read, and she does talk about that Pain that you are having. She also has a website, just type in her name ,
    Devin Starlanyl, and a lot of links should come up for you.

I have read so many other Books and Websites, but for what I have her's if the best, for answer's for the combo of FMS/CMP.

I would also have the Doctor look at this, he/she will probably say it's nothing, but then you will know, and it won't be Worring you.

I have that Pain and also I sometimes Itch there, but I have meds for them and that helps.

Sincerely
    kredca4/sharon
  9. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

I'm telling you, this DD is the weirdest thing I've ever experienced. You can get pains anywhere for no reason at all! Thanks, Sharon, for the name of the book & author. I believe either Mikie or Shirl gave me this author's name also. I do have one book on fms. written by my doc but maybe it's time to expand on reading material & see what others are saying.

Take care all......Kathi
  10. celina

celina New Member

I do have sports bra's, but they tend to be more constricting, They sell sports shirts with a shelf, like in a swim suit. I buy the racer back ones cause the fit nicely between my shoulder blades and come up high enough they don't make my shoulders feel so sore.
    Celina
  11. lorgirls

lorgirls New Member

I too get extreme pain there.Its pretty constant in that area. I honestly dont think theres a spot on me that doesnt hurt,just the degree of pain changes from day to day.To me it feels like someone has there hands around my ribs and is sqeezing tightly.Like Ive been kicked and am bruised.
  12. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

It's so nice to be able to come here & find that it's just not me with all these weird things! :)

Lorgirls, I also get that feeling like someone is tightening sp? a belt right around my ribs. I get it often. It hurts like heck!

elneclare, I did email you about the book. Thanks for the offer even if someone else beat me to it. Appreciate it.

Thanks to all & take care.......Kathi
  13. ozgran

ozgran New Member

This has been the latest symptom of FM that I developed. Really hurts sometimes and sends the pains shooting down arm, into wrist, across neck and under and across the breast. I also have a fairly constant pain with it. I was really worried and went to Dr and he said was the FM made worse by my Osteo Arthritis and Disc Degeneration probs. My young Accupuncturist is working on it at present and seems to be helping. I am also set to have my two yearly mammogram on the 17th and will tell them just as a precaution. Love Ozgran.
  14. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

Thanks for the tip. I will be calling my doc next week to set up my mammogram. I'll remember to mention it to the girl who does the test. I was thinking that will probably make it hurt worse. This newest machine my hospital has really squeezes them paper thin!:)

Take care...Kathi
  15. LynneH

LynneH New Member

I just want to say never assume a new pain is fibro. Even if a lot of other people say they have pain that is similar... in reality, it could be very different than your pain. The pain you describe could also be your liver. Are you on a lot of meds?
    I'm not trying to scare you...just want you to make sure everything is ok. :)
    LynneH
  16. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

I do plan to check it out with my doc when I see him on the 9th. just to make sure. I don't feel any lump or anything like that but you never know. I don't take a lot of meds at the same time. I do take a lot of supps. Only 4 Rx's. - 3 of them once a day & 1 as needed.

Ellie - I got your email - thanks again!!

Thanks for the input.

Take care....Kathi