Anyone have pains in arms and legs

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kinkypinky23, May 28, 2003.

1. kinkypinky23

kinkypinky23 New Member

Does anyone suffer from like stabbing and burning pains in their arms and legs? I suffer from them really bad I am quite concerned. They only last a couple of seconds but they are all over my arms, legs and thighs.

Also, anyone have leg discoloration, purply looking legs I do and it is awful.

Thirdly, anyone suffer from spider veins at the back of your legs?

Thanks Kink
  2. pinkquartz

pinkquartz New Member

i have the pains but i can't see the back of my legs......i have a very strict policy of never looking in the mirror :-}

i was wondering what the pains were cos i don't usually get them.

any one know ?
    pinkquartz
  3. kinkypinky23

kinkypinky23 New Member

HI

I get pains im my calf, ankles, thigh, bum, arms and even my fingers.

It really strange
  4. nogilroy

nogilroy New Member

hi kink i also get this cant help you but this is a new one to me may be it is due to the damp weather that we are having here i live in ontario canada yes i do have have the spider veins in the back of my legs also i wonder this i only weight 105
  5. layinglow

layinglow New Member

Kink,
    Arms and legs are a common place for those with FM to have pain. I have CFS and FM, and husband has FM. We both have stabbing and burning pains in the arms and legs, and other places as well. They can range from short lived with us, to long and enduring.

I do have purple mottled skin often on my inner legs. Husband does not. He has spider veins in the backs of his legs, I do not.

LL
  6. peachy

peachy New Member

Kinky, I have it also. My Rheumatoligist said it is comes with the territory of FM. I also feel achy most of the time. Kind of like having the flu, but without the fever. but the real fun on is when it feels like someone is twisting your muscles one way while some else is twisting the other way... to me it feels like some is ripping my muscles right off the bone. If you can try laying down and using ice packs that helps sometimes better than heat , I dont know why. I have several of those things that you can buy for coolers at 99cents fold washcloth in half and sew down one long side and one short side. if you dont sew buy some of that narrow iron on tape. what ever works. I keep about 3 washcloths and 5 ice packs.

Heck , I even went to work with one my hip one day. :) I had on loose clothes and no body knew. got me threw the day.

I hope I helped
  7. Elbryan

Elbryan New Member

I have all the pain spots you asked about. Cant help you with the purple or spider veins.

I have read that the calf muscles is a typical spot.
  8. AnnG

AnnG New Member

Its been really bad the last week. I don't know why. I can totally relate to the purply things on my legs. Mine are in the calf area. First noticed them about a month ago. What the heck are they?
  9. txangel

txangel New Member

I to have the same pains in the arms and legs and they seem to be worse at night. Along with the pain my arms hands and feet and legs feel like their on fire. So what I do is get 4 plastic bags and fill them with ice and put them where it hurts the worse for as long as I can stand it. Works most of the time for me, I hope it works for you.
    joni
  10. LadyDragon

LadyDragon New Member

I have VERY painful elbows and knees. The backs of my legs feel like they are literally going to fall off one day (and sometimes I wish they would). I also have the purply looking legs, especially when they are cold. And we won't even discuss the spider veins..... hang in here.....
    Lisa
    [This Message was Edited on 05/29/2003]
  11. ifuwouldjust

ifuwouldjust New Member

You described my symptoms to a T. Thought the purple stuff was from my weight. Maybe not.

Ciao
  12. BabsFl

BabsFl New Member

You have described my symptoms perfectly. I have the purple looking legs also, the right one is worse..they look (splotchy) if you know what I mean. I have the worse stabbing pain in my shoulder! The last couple of days it has been in my knees and hips also. I don't know about the spider vains, I do have vains showing on the top of my leg and one by my tailbone..strange

Barb G
  13. LITEFLAMES

LITEFLAMES New Member

YES I GET THEM ALOT, BUT NOW WHEN I'M IN A FLARE UP I GET THAT IN ARM'S ,LEGS,,,HORRABLE PAIN ,
    I JUST AM COMMING OFF A BAD FLARE UP , AND I THOUGHT ABOUGHT HOW TO EXPLAINE IT ,IT;S AS I HAVE A CORE IN ARM'S &
    LEGS AND THEY JUST KEEP SAPPING ME, THANK GOD I FILL BETTER TODAY ,DOING A BABY SHOWER FOR MY FIRST GRANDCHILD SUN JUNE 1, SO SAY A PRAYER/ BUT TO ANSWER YOU'R QUESTION, {YES}
    ITS PART OF OUR DD
    CINDY
  14. barny

barny New Member

i have pain all over body and spider veins were ithoght you couldt get them my legs go purple and my finer nails really gts on my nerves looks like ive been standing in abucket of ice 4 days dont let it get you down fibro friend im sending you a big fibro hug did you get it iv only had fms for 6 months i got it after an rta but things are moving quiet fast pain in my hands bloody hurts alot i tried to open a can of soup the other day but my hands wouldnt let me it bloody stinks i use to be quiet an active person i worked 4 my self i have 3 children my baby is only 2 i just look at her and it could of been worse i could of died but thankfully im still here not the way i used to but its better than nothing who am i trying to kid i get depresed alot i just want my life back has any body else out there had fms since rta please let me know