Anyone have peeling skin????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lilbird, Aug 19, 2005.

1. lilbird

lilbird New Member

My son and daughter are both starting to show signs of CF/FMS. But they both are having problems with peeling skin on there feet and hands.

thanks
    Cathy
  2. JLH

JLH New Member

I don't know if that is related to fibro/cfs or not. ?????

Are they out in the sun much? Do they go to a swimming pool often? As a teen, I remember that my feet did this a lot because of the chlorine in the pool--and we just lived at the city's big pool then.

However, now, many many years later (!), I don't have any problems with my feet and hands peeling, but other parts of my body do. I think this is related to my skin issues with my systemic lupus.

All of the areas on my body that stay moist, like under my breasts, etc., I can barely scratch myself and the skin will come off exposing raw skin. This has been a problem of mine for years. I just keep putting plenty of Johnson's Baby Medicated Powder on these areas to keep them as dry as possible. I powder up at least 3-4 times a day!

I don't know if this is the type of answer you were looking for or not.

Take care,
    Janet
  3. badluck

badluck New Member

Yes. I have a horrible problem with peeling skin-especially on my palms. No pools around, so its not the chlorine that was mentioned. I have a terrible time with dry skin and hair, so I don't know if that is causing the peeling, or what. My doctor just blew me off when I asked, so no help there. Maybe someone else has this? Hope you get some more replies!!!
  4. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

cathy yes i have peeling skin on my hands & feet.
    On 1st march 04 i was dx with sygren"s syndrome& that"s why my skin peels off.
    I dont know if its related to CFS& FMS.
    My god bless you all richly LOL fibrolady37.
  5. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

cathy yes i have peeling skin on my hands & feet.
    On 1st march 04 i was dx with sygren"s syndrome& that"s why my skin peels off.
    I dont know if its related to CFS& FMS.
    My god bless you all richly LOL fibrolady37.
  6. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

hands and feet both. I don't go swimming and do use a moisturizer - not sure why it happens.
  7. eggshel344

eggshel344 New Member

I get this mostly on my feet, but sometimes on the palms of my hands too.

Have talked to dermatologists and doctors about too- everyone insists it's athlete's foot or something like that- but it's totally not- It doesn't hurt or itch or have any of the symptoms of athlete's foot nor did it ever respond to the treatments given for it.

No pool, or anything like that which seems to be a trigger...

Interesting link.... perhaps we have discovered something!

Anyone find anything that helps? I try moisterizing untill the cows come home, but that seems to do little.

Thanks-
    Samantha
  8. lilbird

lilbird New Member

are strange. My daughter has had the peeling skin on just one of her feet. She's been telling me about it for about 6 months, I haven't given it much thought. Then my son who has not been feeling well for a few months was telling me all his symtoms and when he was all done he looked at me and said oh ya, all the skin on my thumb has been peeling off.

It just kind of sent off a red flag.

Thanks for all the replies.

Cathy
  9. fibromaster

fibromaster New Member

Mine started about 15 years ago on the outer palms of my hands and then on the finger tips. It comes and goes and sometines lasts about a week or so. I still don't know what causes it.