Anyone have problems digesting protein?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Krista47, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Krista47

Krista47 New Member

I was wondering if anyone had problems digesting protein and if so, what did you do for it? My friend had problems with edema and tests show she has low protein.

Many thanks for any help you can offer.

Best regards,
  2. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Krista - many of us have low stomach acid and have trouble with digestion period. My digestion improved a great deal when I started taking digestive enzymes with hydrochloric acid.

Protein is more difficult to digest than fruits, vegetables and simple carbs. Your friend may have low stomach acid -

3. Krista47

Krista47 New Member

Hi Mary,
    I was thinking the same thing as I take a digestive support formula.

My friend seems to think it is more than that.

Getting feedback from folks like you helps.

Thanks again,
  4. AndrewB

AndrewB New Member

Hey Krista,

I think you may find these few links interesting:

<a href=""></a>

<a href=""> CLICK HERE<a> to see what to take to fix this problem and <a href="">CLICK HERE</a> to see the improvements.

Feel free to ask me any questions.
    [This Message was Edited on 08/21/2008]
  5. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

This looks very interesting, it's new information for me. I watched the video and checked your other links about absorption. Thanks also for the NOW products recommendation - Dr. Vickery's product is expensive!

6. AndrewB

AndrewB New Member

I haven't taken guai in about three weeks now. The first six months after starting the Dr. Vickery program, I "toyed" around with trying to skip guai. I found out I could skip a day here and there and it wouldn't matter (pain wise). But the last few weeks, I havn't taken guia ONCE!

I always wondered EXACTLY how guai works... Whatever the case, my body sure is welcoming the protein/nutrients and I hope I never have to take guai again. When I first started Guai (4 1/2 years ago?) I was on a strict sal-free program. But when I got into the guai program, I found out I wasn't that sal-sensitive and pretty much followed a "liberal" sal-free appraoch. Now, I just use sal-free toothpaste and don't worry about anything else.

Good luck if you decide to take "the plunge" Mary. I'm open to answer any questions.
  7. AndrewB

AndrewB New Member

of phosphates like it's SUPPOSED to now???? I don't know... Or maybe it's killing a virus with the protein/minerals that the guai simply kept "at bay?" Too much mystery.....
  8. mujuer

mujuer New Member

I have a very hard time digesting meat. I have had constipation problems almost my whole life. I started taking digestion enzymes and felt like they were helping a little bit but not enough. I then started cutting way back on my meat portions and now I hardly eat any meat at all but get my protein in other ways. I have noticed that this helps a whole lot. I still take my enzymes and a stool softener. P
  9. I have boughts of gastroparesis. I can't find digestive enzymes? I looked at walmart but no luck. Is this soomething you have to get at a healthfood store? are they expensive?
  10. gapsych

gapsych New Member

THe only thing I have trouble digesting is red meat. I rarely eat it so think my body is just not used to it.

Take care.

11. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I think a health food store is your best bet to find digestive enzymes. I found I had to take enzymes together with hydrochloric acid. The enzymes alone weren't enough to help my digestion. Many products have both, but you have to read the label carefully to see exactly what is in there. Often the people who work at health food stores can be very helpful so I'd talk to them.

They can be cheap or expensive, but they do tend to be cheaper than many supplements. I buy something called Digestabs from Puritan's Pride vitamins on-line and they are quite cheap and quite good.

12. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

How long have you been taking the aminos? And how much do you take a day?

I think I will be getting some and trying to follow your other recommendations too-

13. AndrewB

AndrewB New Member

take anymore, my body just gets overwhelmed by heavy metals. Dr. Vickery recommends taking four split throughout the day. Taking two in morning/afternoon and two in the evening/night will work just fine - on an empty stomach.

I've been on the "amino program" for a little over 1 1/2 years now and STILL haven't got all the metals out of my body. I guess years of metals going into the body wlll take years to get out...

Good luck
  14. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

And it's really good news that you have been able to stop the guai - good news can be very hard to come by around here --

15. Krista47

Krista47 New Member

I want to thank all of you for your responses. I'll pass this wealth of information along to my friend.

Thanks so much!

16. deepak

deepak Member

Are you still around ?

I wanted to ask about Dr Vickery protocol.

I see your earlier posts that you were following it - Did it help?