Anyone have problems with burping?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lovinlifeinAK, Mar 6, 2006.

1. lovinlifeinAK

lovinlifeinAK New Member

I know that sounds werd but lately I gag several times before the air from my stomache comes out. It is really annoying. Also very embarrassing if others are around me, I usually try to pretend I am coughing.
  2. spmary

spmary New Member

My problem is I can not burp. Instead I get sick and have to throw-up. Then it sounds like a major explossion. Alot of air or gas and then I throw-up. I have found that if I take "Gas-X" when I begin to feel sick,that helps and I don't get sick. SometimesI actuarly burp when I don't feel that I have to. Embarrasing! Do you think this has anything to do with FM? I had surgery for a hietal hernia but that didn't help. Abnyway, good luck! Mary
  3. lovinlifeinAK

lovinlifeinAK New Member

I am as well unable to burp without gaggingm, almost vomiting. So instead I gag the burp out. I no longer feel alone. I guess I will wait till after my surgery on the 21st to see how things work out.
  4. lovinlifeinAK

lovinlifeinAK New Member

board moves so fast
  5. JLH

JLH New Member

Have you had an endoscopy done? Where they put the light down your throat and look around?

I had that done -- was knocked out and didn't remember a thing! So, I remember no pain. Luckily, I didn't have any ulcers in my stomach. But I do have GERD and a Hiatal Hernia. I take Omeprazole, 20 mg, for it and normally don't have any problems now.

Hugs,
    Janet
  6. lovinlifeinAK

lovinlifeinAK New Member

recently. Last one I had was in 2001, that was before this started. This gagging the burp out has been going on for about 6 months. I have written it down now to ask my doc... I keep forgetting.

Also what is GERD????

Thank you for those that took the time to reply, I appreciate it.
  7. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

oh dear oh dear i clicked on this hoping to see ppl like me.

i am the belch queen!! they sneak up on me and BELCH. my mother sticks her nose in the air with a scandalised look on her face will dad goes oh good one.

and give me coffee,beer or champers and we have lift off!!

im sorry you guys are having probs like this it must be really uncomfortable. its not the norm for this to happen i would have a chat with your gp about it.
  8. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

But my problem is that it is mostly due to GERD and stress lately. I don't gag, I actually really burp.

I'm not around others much, just my husband, so if I need to burp, I just do and excuse myself.

Hugs,
    Faye
  9. JLH

JLH New Member

What is GERD?

Occasional heartburn is normal. But heartburn that is frequent (more than twice per week) and severe enough to impact your daily life and/or damage your esophagus is known as GastroEsophageal Reflux Disease, or GERD.

Gastroesophageal reflux disease, or GERD, is a frequent and/or severe form of heartburn, when the contents of the stomach backflow (reflux) into the esophagus (the muscular tube where food passes from mouth to stomach).

What is heartburn?
    Heartburn is backflow (reflux) of acidic digestive juices from the stomach into the esophagus, the muscular tube where food passes from the mouth to the stomach.

What causes GERD?
    In the normal esophagus, a valve called the lower esophageal sphincter, or LES, opens to allow food to enter the stomach, then closes to keep it from flowing back up into the esophagus (reflux).

In the esophagus of a patient with GERD, the LES weakens or relaxes randomly, allowing stomach contents to reflux into the esophagus. This can be uncomfortable or painful.

Do a search on GERD to learn more about it.

If GERD goes on for a long period of time and is not properly treated, it can lead to esophageal cancer.
  10. lovinlifeinAK

lovinlifeinAK New Member

Thanks for explaining what GERD is, and no I do not drink pop anymore. Have not since Oct 05. So I do not understand this. I think it is nasal drip problems that is causing this.
  11. SherylD

SherylD Guest

I use to always fell like I had to burp...Then I mostly felt like I had to throw up...

I started to change my diet..Then added threelac (probiotic) and that has really helped me a lot...

After I take the threelac..I burp really easy a few times..I feel so much better..
  12. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

just me then lol
  13. lovinlifeinAK

lovinlifeinAK New Member

maybe the only one here, but My ol' man and his pop are belch kings!! I never understood howthey get so much air in their system to burp and pass gas as often as they do!!

Of course with guys we expect that....not lady like for a us gals