anyone have reactions to Methadone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by butterfly99, Aug 1, 2006.

1. butterfly99

butterfly99 New Member

Ive been on Methadone for about 1 week I am also in the midts of a really bad episode. Im very dizzy .just wonder if its the Methadone or my episode...HELP
    Amy
  2. blessedmom2four

blessedmom2four New Member

this is just my personal exeperience,

before my dx. with fm my dr. could no longer help me manage my pain as the vicodin stopped working.

so he sent me to pain management,
    i started on things like roxicodone and such, i also took soma 4 ady nurontin 4 a day, amatryptaline at bed time.

over time the pain meds would stop working so they would try a new one, at the end of that period i was on methadone, a breakthrough med (roxicodone) soma, nurontin.

i was so drugged out i was hardly functioning. i would fall asleep all the time(i had 4 kids to care for) i cant believe i never wrecked, i didnt drive alot but did at some points.

i was on the verge of suicide (i actually was close to dumping the whole bottle of methadone down my throught)
    My kids saved my life (and God)

I decided to have pain management take me off all meds, against there advice, he helped me go off them. I think it took about 3 months or more to be completly off them, in the mean time i had found i great chiro that helped manage my pain.

That was the only time i have had a remision after i was off all meds i went into a remision for about 3-4 months.

of course the pain came back and i had know choice but to take meds again,

the point of this long drawn out story is to be careful what you take , i dont just take any meds because my dr. thinks it will help me, i make the best desision based on my body and my life.Trust me i have to scripts sitting in my purse for 2 months.

for lyrica and amytriptiline, if i get to the point that i absolutly need them i will fill them

going off methadone was the worst experience of my life, i know everyone is diffrent i am just sharing my experience
  3. butterfly99

butterfly99 New Member

For sharing with me I will take it to heart. Have a peaceful night:)
    Amy