Anyone Have Really Bad Pain in the Second Rib Triggerpoint?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TxSongBird, May 29, 2006.

1. TxSongBird

TxSongBird New Member

On my left side the second rib trigger point is so painful with burning pain and when you rub it, it feels like I have been badly sunburned there. I have never had the pain there as bad as this.

TxSongBird
  2. TxSongBird

TxSongBird New Member

I had my physical recently and no heart problems. This pain is just a burning, shooting pain on my left side from my upper shoulder blade to the front of the chest wall. I am receiving therapetic trigger point massage every two weeks and this seems to be making me feel somewhat better. Last night my hips were so sore I could harldy get out of my easy chair to go to bed.

TxSongBird
  3. bpmwriter

bpmwriter New Member

those points on the side of your chest correspond to the spleen meridian in chinese medicine. if you live in a humid climate, those points can get inflamed due to dampness. i live in FL and my acupuncturist told me once that 90% of the patients she sees have tenderness on their spleen points due to the humidity here.

eddie
  4. TxSongBird

TxSongBird New Member

so that might be the answer to the pain today. We are expecting a slight chance of thunderstorms everyday this week with high humidity and high's in the middle 90's.

TxSongBird