Anyone have rev'ed up metabolism with CFS/FM symptoms?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by being-healed, Jun 4, 2003.

1. being-healed

being-healed New Member

The more sick I feel, the more I have to eat. When I'm really bad, I have to eat CONSTANTLY and I still lose weight. When I feel better, I need to eat less (but still more than normal) and slowly start to gain weight (more than I want) because I need to eat so much and still can't exercise due to symptoms. Standard blood tests say thyroid and blood sugar okay. Anyone else have this?
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi, welcome to the board. We seem to have the opposite problem. When I am flaring, the last thing I want to do is eat. I will live off of fluids, water, tea, fruit juice, etc.

When I feel well I am still not big on food. Have to remind myself to eat. Hate to waste my energy on food.

Yes, I do have a weight problem, always under weight.

Maybe others can relate to your particular problem here. We are all so different.

Again, welcome,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Shalom, Shirl
  3. nje

nje New Member

i have lost 40 lbs in a 4 month period,i needed to lose weight,so i`m really where i want to be,i just don`t want to lose any more. i do not have an appetite,i have to make myself eat anything,mostly i just drink yoo-hoos and tea or pepsi,anything cold, or icecream sometime.there are very few times i am hungry.i`m going to the doctor the27th of this month i`ll tell him about it but i really don`twant to gain any back,i just don`t want to lose anymore and look sick,up till now,everyone has said,you look well,it don`t show that you`re sick. i`m afraid if i lose anymore i will,its bad enough to be sick all the time,much less look like a walking corpse. nje
  4. mystijul

mystijul New Member

Sorry to keep repeating myself here, but I think my message is so important to get out. The standard blood test for thyroid is inaccurate. IT even says so in the PDR. You need the Free T3 and Free T4 tests and/or an ultrasound.

My metabolism was kick started when I was started Armour Thyroid. This also eliminated most of my pain and fatigue. I was given Armour because an ultrasound found my thyroid to be enlarged. My thyroid panel was normal also...
    Peace,
    Julie
  5. zggygirl

zggygirl New Member

Hi,
    I didn't really make the connection but yes, I think I do eat more when I am sick, or especially when i am really tired.
    And I have lost weight. I was down to 88 lbs, though I am opnly 5'1".I am slowly gaining it back though.
    I think when we are in pain our bodys are using a lot of enrgy to "fight" the pain, and the metabolism kicks in.
    I've had all the thryoid tests, and the glucose test, they were fine.
    Ziggy