anyone have shooting chest pains?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tigger5, Nov 26, 2005.

1. tigger5

tigger5 New Member

I've recently had a few of these and am, quite honestly, a bit scared.
  2. darude

darude New Member

Last couple of days. New for me and really hurts just gonna ride it out for couple of days if can.
  3. tigger5

tigger5 New Member

Being single for so long, it's been easy to keep my head buried in the sand. I haven't been to a doctor for 2+ years and lost my insurance a few years ago when I became too sick to work full time...so am afraid of the financial consequences. I've just been trying to deal with the CFS thru supplements and my own research.

However...I've come to the point where I know I need help so I've begun my research prior to entering the big medical world. Thankfully I found this sight yesterday. Everyone has been so helpful.
  4. halfpint49

halfpint49 New Member

yes i too have chest pains off and on. can't figure them out. i know at one time my ambian caused them, but for the others have not clue.. heart is in great shape.
  5. Line

Line New Member

I have neen getting them for years on and on at different areas in the chest and breast. In May I started getting one after another above the breasts from side to side, I had them from 7 pm and at 6 am was still getting them so I went to the er. The Dr. said it was not heart but they did all the tests, monitoring, blood work, chest xray etc. She dxed costochondritis and Fm and said this was nerve pain, either a nerve was pinched or I had a spasm pushing on a nerve.

I hope I never get them again, they sure make you jump.

Hugs, Linda
  6. dorabella

dorabella New Member

I'v been having them too for the last few days. Another Costo flare, accompanied by burning in the ribs.

Definitely a nerve thing (my doctor said the burning sensation was neuritis, although the pains are from costo).

Try pressing on your ribs - if they feel sore or tender then it is probably costo. My chest bones get so tender that I can't bear anyone to even hug me!

7. buffyr

buffyr New Member

I have had 2 ekgs, chest x-rays,cat scan to check for pulmonary embolism, all to find out I have costochondritis. I have been having thi off & on since last november. so for 1 year and counting. I always tell my husband if I ever had a heart attack Id never know it because the sharp shooting pains feel like what people describe a heart attack as feeling like. I say if you are having chest pains it is always best to get it checked out. (at least the first 2-3 times:)
  8. KJH_10

KJH_10 New Member

I have also had chest pains, that started 2 years ago, I get them on and off now. When they first started I went to the ER, on 4 separate occasions within 2 months because I was so scared. I was also diagnosed with costocondritis, and even now my chest is very tender to touch. My chest pains are what started all my problems, then I was finally diagnosed with Fibro, and also acid reflux( which can cause chest pain). I have had all the proper test done on my heart, and it is fine. I also tell my family that if anything was happening to my heart, I would not know it either because I have all the same symptoms as a heart attack, it can be scary.