Anyone have Side Effects from the Nicotine Patch??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by futurehope, Apr 1, 2006.

1. futurehope

futurehope New Member

Hi, I quit smoking this past Monday.

About 4 years back, I quit smoking cold turkey for about 5 years and did fine. A little hard, but not bad.

That worked then, but now I have Panic Attacks and Anxiety, so I thought a little help was needed.

So I bought the patch.

I am not sure whether I am just having nicotine withdrawl or side effects from the patch.

I quit on Monday and Thursday, I started having headaches. I have to take Advil to ease them up.

I read the booklet and it stated that physical side effects from quitting could be headaches.

But it also said that headaches could be a side effect from the patch and to contact you Dr. immediately if you develop headaches.

I was wondering if anyone else has been thru this specific experience and what they did.

I would not call the headaches severe (like I have to go to the ER), but they are worse than I usually get.

Thanks for the help!!

Love and prayers,
  2. ~Sibyle~

~Sibyle~ New Member

maybe they are too strong?
    I get the jitters on the patch and they fall off really fast. I also have to take them off several hours before bedtime or I get really wierd dreams.

The problem with headaches is that the patch might be raising your blood preassure. You might want to check it.
  3. futurehope

futurehope New Member

I am using the 21 mg. patch. On the box, it stated that I should start with this one because of the number of cigarettes I smoke.

I do not get jittery or anything like you do. I think in my booklet it said that was physical withdrawl.

How long have you been on the patch??

I do not think that the headaches are due to my blood pressure. At least I do not think so. I have low blood pressure. It varies anywhere in between 100-85 in top number to 70-40 in bottom number. The average I would say is 90/60.

I am skinny and little though 5' 3/2" inches and 86 lbs.

4. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I may go ahead and post this on another separate thread for those who want to quit but I'm on a different patch system.

I've been a HEAVY smoker of at least 2 packs a day for about 30 years.

Then I found the NicoCure patch online at a site that rated it the best OTC stop smoking cure. It's all natural, no nicotine in it at all and let me tell ya, it's working.

I started it about 5 days ago, and you can smoke on this patch without worry. It's a slow system of all natural ingredients that just makes you smoke less until you quit.

Yesterday I cut down over a PACK in one day...and all without any withdrawal symptoms whatsoever!!!!!!!!

There is NO constant food cravings, no stress at all, and absolutely no withdrawal at all. I'm just simply smoking less and less each day and it's amazing!!

You might want to try something like this....why give yourself Nicotine when you're trying to quit smoking? It's one of the things that made sense to me.

Nancy B.
  5. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

and i take it off when i go to bed...or i'lll dream all night long...

i tried the 14 mg...made me naseua and stomach problems...stopped when i stopped that...

i guess i you could try cutting your patch in half to lower the dosage to see if that would help...

6. MsJaxon

MsJaxon New Member

I've been trying to quit and saw this website where you can earn $25 for sharing you success stories:

I'm not yet a success story but from what I can tell from these accounts most of the women quit cold turkey for some personal reason and that seemed to be the most successful.