Anyone have success loosing weight without exercise?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sop28, May 5, 2006.

1. sop28

sop28 New Member

I was exercising regularly until November when my energy level took a nose-dive. My stamina is pretty bad so I can't really do enough to burn fat. Plus I quit smoking in January.

I have never been small, but I am almost the highest I've ever weighed! Way too much. I am currently not working and my husband doesn't make alot so I don't have much money to spare.

Anyone have any ideas?

Help!
  2. belly_acres

belly_acres New Member

I have lost over 50lbs in the last year. The first 25-30 came off by stopping prednisone. I was on a daily 5mg dose for over 3yrs. I was taken off very slowly - since then the other weight has come off due to portion control and being aware of what I am eating. I attribute alot of it to stress reduction - stress equals eating for me. Hope that helps.

Cori
  3. millennia

millennia New Member

I've lost 25 pounds in the past 6 months. I started taking calcium pyruvate for energy and it helps some with that. But it also killed my sugar craving. I'm not saying I never exercise, I just don't exercise anymore then I did when I was gaining weight. It has really helped. I don't get that late afternoon energy dip anymore, I don't NEED sweets at night anymore and I've lost weight without really trying, you just don't want to eat as much. It rocks.
  4. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

where would we find this product? health store? vitamin store? any help would be great?
    Ann
  5. ilovepink4

ilovepink4 Member

no exercise....she wasn't sick like us but she hates to exercise...and she lost lots...i have heard mamy people do well on weight watchers...i just joined online this week...you could do it with out joining though...all you need is a points scale or points calculator ...you can get them on ebay...i did anyways a few years ago...i got the paper scale...it is kind of a rip off...10.00 for a photo copied sliding scale..but it made it possible for me to figure out how many points are in different foods...

you can eat any food as long as you stay under a certain amount of points...people find the meetings and getting weighed in public as a way to make them accountable...

i joined online so i would have access to all their tricks, recipes, products and i would feel the pressure cuz it was costing me...

free the first week...then $65 total for 3 months membership...seemed not too bad...but you can do it with the paper sliding scale...

there is another system with weight watchers..you only eat certain foods from a list...i don't know much about it since i am doing the points system...

so, i hope this info helps if you didn't already know this...wish me luck....i have so little willpower!! but am doing pretty good staying within my daily points...
  6. dejovu

dejovu New Member

I have a web site I use and it costs nothing and you buy no special foods. It counts calories for you and other nut.It can also calculate exersise like cleaning house and shopping etc. It's called My-Calorie-Counter.com. I've used it for 5 months and have lost fifty pounds. It does not ask you to do wierd things just shows you what your eating and it's easy. Let me know what you think of it. Good luck De
  7. sop28

sop28 New Member

Thank you everyone for the information. I just can't stand by and get bigger anymore. I hope that my stamina gets better so that I can get more exercise, but until then I have some things that I can try. Thanks!~~~T
  8. auntyemnga

auntyemnga New Member

I lost 15 lbs from May 2005 until Dec 2005 using Weight Watchers. Then in January 2006 I started a Candida Yeast diet and lost another 20 lbs within 3 months.

Good luck,
    Auntyem
  9. mme_curie68

mme_curie68 New Member

It has taken about 9 months, but I have lost about 10 pounds. Talk about tortise speed...LOL.

I take L-carnitine and biotin which are supposed to facilitate metabolism of long chain fatty acids.

I try to avoid processed foods. The more processed it is the worse it is for me.

I eat about 100 calories an hour during the day - it helps speed up your metabolism and keeps your insulin levels from spikes and drops. It adds up to about 8 minimeals.

I had to stop working out at the gym due to it aggravating my arthritis and the fibro.

I have been going to yoga classes anywhere from one to three times a week depending on how I am feeling.

So, for me it's slow and steady wins the race (I hope)!

Hugs,
    Madame Curie
    [This Message was Edited on 05/05/2006]
  10. millennia

millennia New Member

I get mine from vitacost too, great prices. The one I buy is listed as pyruvate, but it has added calcium too. I take 4 grams a day. We should all be think about our calcium intake, the last thing we need is osteoporosis on top of what we already have!
  11. blondie45

blondie45 New Member

Nutrisystem is the only thing that has worked for me but is kind of expensive depending on your situation (whether you have kids, etc. to feed or not).
  12. Jane_Canuck

Jane_Canuck New Member

yahoooooooo

finally found this post! was looking all night for it!

I just can not hardly move anymore I hurt close to a 7 - 10 almost everyday. The days I don't is when I catch up in the house, then that sets me back a few days again.

I lost weight really easily with adkins then my gall bladder came out and since I put almost 30 of the origtinal 50 pounds back on.

I know I have to cut out my sugary food and chocolate but omg some days if i do not get these things I feel like I want to rip hubbys head off and pull his tongue out of his head or other such things lol. Addicted to sugar? I dunno since when I eat a ton of it it never changes my blood sugar levels. We tested it one day on a friends meter. Before I ate a ton of crap and after, no change. and one time it even dropped after I ate it.

Well will look in to this supplement you all meantioned here and see what happens.

TC all HAGD Brenda
  13. erfula1

erfula1 New Member

If you need help with appetite control try Hoodia Gordonni. It is an african cactus and it is so good that drug companies are trying to derive a prescription from it. I found it by doing a web search and comparing different companies. If you pm me I'll tell you where I found the best deal. Make sure you get 500mg extract. I take 2-3 tablets before every meal and I am eating less and less. I also take 2-3 apple cidar vinegar tablets that I purchased from the same company. They are in capsule form and you can smell the vinegar in them, they are very strong. I haven't weighed yet cause I just had to start taking prednisone for a severe case of poison ivy and I don't want to get discouraged but I can tell you that they do keep you from being hungry. I take 3 in the morning and 2 in the afternoon and 3 at night cause nighttime is my worst craving time. Hope this helps. I also cut out all sodas which I never thought I'd be able to do and eliminated all aspartame. I only drink the flavored waters with Splenda and tea sweetened with Splenda. I don't really miss the soft drinks like I thought I would. I love tea though and the peach flavored waters are so good! Good Luck.