Anyone have success with Dr. Jacob Teitelbaum?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hidlyn, Sep 14, 2005.

1. hidlyn

hidlyn New Member

I was a patient of his but never had sucess with his treatment. Is there anyone out there who did? He wrote the book "From Fatigued to Fantastic" and his webpage is www.endfatigue.com.

I've just been curious about it since he has a research article posted on his website that proves his method works.

Thanks.

Heidi
  2. deliarose

deliarose New Member

Sorry.. can't answer yr question but was curious to know if you had a consultation with him in person or did the questionnaire/website thing?
    Delia
  3. suz9601

suz9601 Member

Doesn't he charge over $5000 for the first visit? I could never afford that unless he guaranteed a cure. Sorry he didn't help you.
  4. rileyearl

rileyearl New Member

and get lots of energy, well, for me anyway. I think it's called End Fatigue and besides the powder that you mix in a drink or a smoothie, there are B complex capsules. It was recommended by the doctor at the FFC in Seattle. I think it is sold under a number of different names, but the ingredients seem to be the same. Sorry I can't help you with the whole treatment!

Francie
  5. hidlyn

hidlyn New Member

And yes, I was desparate enough at the time to borrow the money from my parents, and see what would later be covered by insurance. I think they only covered $1000 of it. He's up front about the costs, but as I said, I was newly diagnosed and very desparate because no one else was helping me at all.

Heidi
  6. deliarose

deliarose New Member

Could you share some details of Dr. Bell's basic protocol with us?
    Clearly he will have tailored it to you.
    But is it the usual sleep meds, stimulants, (Provigil, Ritalin, Adderal) vitamins to boost energy (NADH/Co-enzyme Q10/Vit B12 shots), pain meds (if you're in pain) etccc?

Also, given that yr blood volume was low, what did he recommend you do about it? What did he prescribe?

More fluids and salt, or some prescription med?

TIA

Delia
  7. deliarose

deliarose New Member

I'm curious about why you think Dr. Teitelbaum's treatment didn't work for you?

What period of time did your consultations cover? And did you see any improvement over that time, or just not enough to encourage you to go on with it?

Also, were you working at the time?

Sorry to pepper you with so many questions, but I also considered consulting him, and was somewhat turned off by the fee and also the fact that he has a clinic in Hawaii!!

In the end, I went to Dr. Charles Lapp at teh Hunter Hopkins Center in North Carolina.

I've only been on his regime for a couple of weeks, so the jury is still out.. although he did pick up on the fact that my sleep meds were completely inadequate.. which has helped.

I gotta wonder though how useful it is consulting these "experts" a couple of times a year, unless you have a great PCP who can monitor the situation in between and work with your chosen "expert."

Delia
  8. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

Does Dr. Bell have a website? I'd like to learn more. Thanks. :)

Also, how much does the FFC cost?
    (()) Shannon
  9. deliarose

deliarose New Member

Yes, I guess you can visit these guys as often as you like.. it's just a question of time and money...

FYI..re yr comment about saline.

I was in the ER recently for tonsillitis and I had my blood pressure checked before and after getting IV saline... my blood pressure went from 82/60 to 90 something over 60..
    So clearly the salt and water thing does work if you're disciplined enof to do it...
    Delia
  10. springrose22

springrose22 New Member

Dr. T. sounds like a con artist to me. $5,000.00???!!! That is terrible. And don't take Progivil, that is a stimulant, and will only make you worse. For much better information, log onto http://fm-cfs.ca/CFS-Protocol.pdf, and there you will find the latest Journal of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome published in 2003 by several international doctors, it is lengthy, and there is no cure as of yet. You need to SLOW DOWN, or you could get much worse. Another good site is a Hummingbird's Guide to CFS, which presents a very good personal view of the disease along with various tips and information from a young Australian woman. Take care, and don't part with your hard earned money for nothing. Marie
  11. lbconstable

lbconstable New Member

I read Dr. Teitelbaum's "From Fatigued to Fantastic." It turned out to be a life safer for me. I hadn't been clinically diagnosed yet, but had been sick for 25 years. I just pushed myself to keep going. His book helped me put the pieces of these random symptoms I was having together.

The thyroid and adrenal theories he has were right in line with what my practitioner was recommending. I looked over his supplement recommendations very closely and chose those that I thought might help. And I did see a response after about 5 weeks (he recommends evaluating after 6 weeks). I did have a measurable increase in energy and cognitive ability and less post exertional fatigue. Believe me not cured, but noticeable improvement.

I found this site looking for more reasonable pricing on the supplements he recommended. I have since furthered my improvement by treating for hypercoagultion and now infectous agents largely based on what others have said here. He touches on both subjects in his book.

It may take some searching, but there are many doctors that understand CFS & FM. Much more so now than in the past. IMHO it's important to see a doctor that deals primarily with these disorders, but one doesn't need to spend $8,000 a pop to do so.

I'm so thankful for Dr. Teitelbaum writing such a comprehensive analysis of his observations. He helped point me in the right direction. At one time I might have been tempted to spend big bucks to see him, but glad I didn't.

Love & Light to all,
    Laurie