Anyone have sweats and feel cold......

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ChungieDolor, Apr 11, 2006.

1. ChungieDolor

ChungieDolor New Member

Hello everyone,

Hope someone can answer this one. Each day, I feel either clammy or cold, varies throughout the day. When I try to do something, like wash clothes, take a shower, or feel stressed out, I notice that it comes on. Feel like I have a fever either way. Is this a part of Fms, and Cfs?

I have asked my Doc and he never has an exact answer, will be seeing him today for Fms, and if I should start lyrica.

I have had this stupid chronic sinus infection since November if you can believe that. Have a parking spot at Urgent Care and My docs office! Hopefully, the Ent can get tot the bottom of the sinus infection, appt at the end of the month. Have had 3 chest xrays, and for nasal.

Urgent care said I needed a scat scan.

Sorry for the novel, too many things going on. By the way, have hypothyroidism, or had, last lab work was normal, and I still take Synthroid generic, Levothy...

Sincerely
    Chungiedolor
  2. Katee32

Katee32 New Member

I have had this happen to me before. I'm new to the whole FM so I'm not really any help to you.

I hope someone else can help you or that your Dr.s can give you an answer.

Kate
  3. ChungieDolor

ChungieDolor New Member

Sorry for not responding to you sooner Kate. Appraiser is coming on Monday, and have to do things a little at a time. Then its to bed!

Anyways, I saw my doc on Tuesday, and mentioned it again. He did not comment. I am wondering if it is my Thyroid or maybe side effects from some of the medications I take. I do take a lot!

Thanks for responding, at least we are not alone.

Anyone else out there that has the same problem, please reply. Thank you.

Sincerely
    Chungiedolor
  4. lurkernomore

lurkernomore New Member

I have had this feeling, at times to the point of it making me nauseous. I finally figured out that a pain med was causing it when I read the side effects and it listed flushing.

I would get so hot at times that my chest and neck would hive up. So for me, it was a side effect of a medication. I hope you can figure out what is causing this for you and if it is a medication, get switched to something else. That was a miserable feeling!

I just had another thought. Our adrenal systems get sooo whacked out that I wonder if this is another possibility to look into? I know I have complete intolerance for any extreme temp changes anymore and it takes forever to balance back out. My body temperatures are nothing like what a thermometer reflects anymore....does that make any sense at all?
  5. butterfly8

butterfly8 New Member

Your flushing and cold sounds a lot like thermostatic instability, i.e., your body cannot control its own temperature. This is a recognized symptom of ME/CFS. It is listed as one of the clinical criteria in the Canadian Clinical Criteria for the diagnosis of ME/CFS. It also appears in other definitions.

What causes it is, however, debated. It could be linked to poor adrenal function, it could be linked to malfunctioning hypothalamus, or it could be linked to something totally different.

However, you are not imagining it and if you take your temperature it will probably show as normal.

Have you tried using a saline flush for your sinus infection? It might help. It really helped me. I use it regularly, even when my sinus area is clear - which was not often the case in the past.

General recipe:

pinch of sea salt (celtic sea salt is best, but any sea salt will do - DO NOT use ordinary salt)
    pinch of bicarbonate of soda
    drop of glycerine
    1/4 to 1/2 cup warm filtered water

Mix it together and use it as a nasal spray. Adjust quantities to suit yourself. Do not use too much salt as it can burn damaged nasal tissue.

This will not interfere with any other meds. you might be using, it has no side effects and you can use it as often as you like.

I have had the flushing for years and so I can sympathize. Unfortunately, I cannot help with a cure - I have tried all sorts of things and nothing has really helped me - yet. But something will and I hope you find something that helps you too.
  6. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

I get these cold night sweats.

I break out in sweat but get so cold I am freezing but too sleepy to get up and change and too cold to get out of bed.

I have to wash my sheets often becuase of this.But it only happes when I am feeling realy really bad.

Not just physical pain but that flu like feeling too.

My body temp. goes up and down all day.One minutes Ia m in shorts and a tshirt then I am in sweat pants and a sweat shirt.

My dr. can't explain it either.I really don't know why.I have seen a few complain about the same problem.It has to be linked to fm someway.

Sheila
  7. ChungieDolor

ChungieDolor New Member

I apppreciate all your replies and suggestions. Not looking forward to my Ent apt next week! Don't you hate when you take a shower, and the dreaded sweats start. You get in front of a fan, and the chills start. This is just one of a dozen examples I experience.

One night, My Husband and I had to change the bed linens, pjs and all were soaked. Yuck!

I have several theories myself. All the meds I am taking, thyroid, removal of my gall bladder. My liver is working overtime, adrenal glands, etc, or menopause. I am 45. My gyn told me awhile back that I was in peri?

You know what, This is really an eeky disease! and I bet there are other symptoms that are not listed on the fms criteria. A couple of years ago, I saw a Rheumie for a very short time, and I felt a burning sensation all over my body. She said, this is not a part of fms? Good Grief!

Sincerely
    Chungiedolor