Anyone have teeth problems?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by amy24co, Aug 17, 2005.

1. amy24co

amy24co New Member

Kind of wierd, I know. but was wondering if teeth problems fit anywhere in this FM thing? I have one bad tooth after another it seems.....have had this all my adult life. Had braces as a kid and had beautiful teeth when they came off. but then I noticed problems starting in my 20's with cavities and teeth breaking.......have lost 4 teeth as a result of this through the years......
    just another "wondering" question.... :)
    Amy
  2. tngirl

tngirl New Member

But I also have acid reflux, which is probably causing it according to the dentist. I do take medication, but the dentitst says that the saliva's acidity can cause it.

No dental insurance, these crowns are waaaaaay to expensive!
  3. Megumi

Megumi New Member

For many years now I have been plagued with thin enamel on my teeth which opened the way for more cavities and breaking of teeth. By the time I was 21 I had 4 crowns due to breakage. Have more now. Increased calcium didn't help. Mouth guard for grinding didn't help. As the years have progressed it has gotten worse. I am afraid to eat anything hard, even biting into an apple.

The docs and the dens have never come to a conclusion as to why, don't want to say the lupus or fm have anything to do with it because there's never been a study done about it.

Some days I just wish I could go to full mouth dentures. Most days I pray to afford veneers. I just want relief from the constant discomfort, the fear of breaking then pain, the ability to eat without worrying.

I know this isn't encouraging but thank you for bringing this subject up. I haven't noticed a thread on this before.

Megumi

4. Megumi

Megumi New Member

5. libra55

libra55 New Member

I am having crowns done. big time.

I have a dry mouth and my gums are starting to receed, and getting some cavities too. I'm 49 years old. Bright side I still have all my teeth and they're pretty good, just all of a sudden start need all this work on them.

they arennt the best looking teeth but they're better than the alternative right now.

Michelle
  6. amy24co

amy24co New Member

I never have known for sure if it was from FM, but I've taken pretty good care of my teeth and they just dont respond! they just get worse and worse. I know I have acid reflux so have always wondered if that was the reason.......thanks again for your replies! :) Keep smiling everyone!!!! We'll get through all this stuff!! :)
    Amy
  7. mjwarchol

mjwarchol New Member

Amy:
    Not sure if due to fibro, but I have just had my 15th root canal. I broke my front tooth at 10 and had that root canaled and capped at 13. Then at 19 it abcessed under the cap and had to have it pulled, then a bridge put in. Had many cavities over the years until I found out I had a dentist that was conning me. So I lost a lot of molars. To make a long story short, root canal 15 last week and I have 5 bridges and one veneer. For every root canal whick is about $500 to $900 you need a post and a filling for another couple of hundred, and then depending, a crown. Needless to say I have a Mercedes in my mouth!

M J
  8. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

I have stabbing pain in my teeth some days when I chew. I had the cavities in those particular teeth filled, but no change in the pain. Dentist can't figure it out. At least there are some days when I don't notice it. Lots of cavites too.
  9. Lulu28

Lulu28 New Member

I've lost 4 teeth so far...with more I think to come. I have RA and Fibro and often have INTENSE jaw pain. Always had great teeth...so I think these illnesses DO have something to do with tooth loss.
    Lulu28 :) <--- still smiling