Anyone have the bronchitis/flu that's going around?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Abbycat, Dec 14, 2006.

1. Abbycat

Abbycat New Member

I'm in Memphis and everyone here is sick! Most have upper respiratory flulike illness that lasts a few days and then hangs on with a cough for 2-3 weeks.

I got the fever for six days and missed a week of work. I'm on antibiotics now for the cough. I've lost a whole week of trying to get Christmas together.

My 86 year old mother-in-law has been on meds for two weeks and was too sick to have Thanksgiving dinner at her house, so now she is going to bring all the food over for Christmas! She made all the sides in advance and froze them and is bringing over the turkey she never cooked.

How great is that? Instant Christmas dinner! I don't carea what anyone says about MIL's, mine is the best.

Abbycat
  2. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

Up here in Ontario, we've been having a terrible time with a cold virus that seems to turn into pneumonia quite quickly. My husband had it a month ago and is still getting over it.

One of my co-workers has just had it come back on her. Lucky me had the stomach flu that is also going around.

Your MIL sounds like a gem

Have a good Xmas.

Regards,

Canbrit
  3. victoria

victoria New Member

My 'helper' with my MIL (who has severe dementia) says her grandkids and now her daughter has it, they've all been ill for weeks...

Before that there was a stomach virus going around, my son's roommates had it bad; luckily he just had a touch of it. Must be because of all the supplements he's taking?!

I hope you get over it quickly, I had something similar a few years ago; bad enough to have CF or FM and then be ultra-exhausted by coughing!!!

Wishing you well quickly!
    Victoria

4. rose52

rose52 New Member

I had a real bad case of the flu and bronchitis which is still lagging on. Its been well over a month now.
    I feel for all who have to go through this with fibro. I do know that it got to where everytime I coughed the pain would be so unreal that my whole body would actually burn in pain. anyone else ever experience that?
    Rose
  5. dani78xo

dani78xo New Member

I haven't had the flu, but I had bronchitis from a six week cold back in october--it was dreadful.

I can't imagine having it around christmas time, though--that must be horrible.

Hope you feel better soon,
    Danielle
  6. Gothbubbles

Gothbubbles New Member

Severe laryngitis still going on (3 weeks now?) plus an opportunistic sinus infection.

I'll be sick another 2-3 weeks, and I'll probably lose my job.

CFS 6 1/2 years --- 25
  7. Juloo

Juloo Member

My husband, and now me. We were both sick right before Thanksgiving, but got over it in about a week. It seemed that as soon as our Thanksgiving guests left, my husband and I both came down with stuffy noses and sinus/cold symptoms. We both ended up going to the doctor, but other than some OTC suggestions, it hadn't 'developed' enough for anything more complex.

Fast forward...after about a week of cold symptoms, they went away. Fast forward another week...then the coughing began.

We are both miserable. My husband managed to get in a trip to the doctor before the weekend, but I have to wait until tomorrow. We suffered through the office Christmas dinner (we were hosting), but we cancelled the 'afters' at our house because we felt so lousy.

Then the office was supposed to go on a pre-Christmas field trip on Monday (a tradition...we visit projects, have lunch out...just have fun), but we're both still sick, so we're having to cancel that as well.

Our Christmas tree isn't decorated. No cards sent. We're really just limping into this Christmas season. Have missed church several times and also other things that we look forward to at this time of year.

And to top it off, it's muggy and in the mid-70's.

Couldn't feel less like Christmas!