Anyone have their GLUTATHIONE (GSH) levels cked by their dr??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by texasratgirl, Nov 8, 2005.

1. texasratgirl

texasratgirl New Member

Hi all, haven't been on here in many months.

Just wondering if anyone else has had their
    GLUTATHIONE (GSH) levels checked by their doctor??

My were really low like at 9 ,suppose to be at like 30 or 32.

This is a substance that the levels of which in our cells are predictive of how long we will live.

For more info read, www.nutritionadvisor.com/glutathione.html

It is a very informative read. And very eye opening.

I was just wondering if I am the only one with this DD, that has such low levels of this???

I have taken two six week series of glutathione shots to boost my levels. Will have yet another blood test this week to see if they are up yet.

Any feed back is welcome.

Thanks,
    TRG

2. Jen102

Jen102 New Member

i haven't had my level checked ever, however i am getting glutathione and magnesium iv's and they have helped tremendously. at the beginning of the summer i believed that i would not survive the winter as i was so sick. my doc started me on the iv's. i get them 3 times per week, 2000 mg of glutathione and one of the iv's includes 7g of magnesium. i have had baby step progress in all of my symptoms. i am still very ill and impaired, but i am soooo much better than i was. it has been a miracle for me. please keep us updated on your progress. thanks for the post. Jen102
  3. Mother_Margaret

Mother_Margaret New Member

Check these and all hormonal levels

I believe the nutritional guidelines of Roger J. Williams and good nutrition would be the best help. The glyconutrient trials for many autoimmune issues that are showing such promise are based on his advances and nutrition discoveries

Personally I suspect exposure to 2-butoxyethanol as being a primary suspect for causing the fatigue & assorted symptoms of CFS, CFIDS, FM ... it is a pesticide and disrupts the endocrine system. Often looks like 'flu-like' symptoms and can cause blood sugar and metabolic imbalances

4. elliespad

elliespad Member

Yes, exposure to pesticides RAPIDLY depletes Glutathione and causes a Cascade of Free Radical damage. Glutathione is different than Reduced Glutathione. You can naturally boost your Reduced Glutathione levels using : Alpha Lipoic Acid, N-Acetyl-Cysteine, Undenatured Whey (Powerful stuff, go SLOW).

I believe, Glutathione levels are our key to why we are sick and how to get well. I believe "we" have a genetic predisposition to have impaired regeneration of Glutathione THEN, ALSO have the misfortune of having been exposed to a variety of pesticides.

Thats my rant, and I'm sticking to it.

Also, aside from the bodies' internal detoxification methods, you can use Bentonite Clay liquid, Cholestyramine (an RX), and Chitosan, Spirulina, Chlorella, Wheat Germ Grass, . These bind to many pesticides (and some heavy metals) and piggy back out into the toilet. Also, Far Infrared Sauna .[This Message was Edited on 11/09/2005]
  5. kch64

kch64 New Member

This is very interesting information. thanks.

Kendra
  6. Jen102

Jen102 New Member

i just wanted to note that I have taken alot of NAC (1200mg/day) and Alpha-Lipoic-Acid (200mg, 3x/day) for a few years. I can't take the whey products due to allergies. These never seemed to do much for me, although the glutathione iv's have helped the symptoms of FMS,CFS,MCS significantly. I can't explain why my body can't take these precursors and make them into usable glutathione, but apparently they can't.

I agree whole-heartedly that some of us have trouble with either producing glutathione or with it doing what it is supposed to do. I am not sure which. Glutathione is necessary for detoxification of the liver and is present in all cells. Google p450 cytochrome and glutathione-transferase for more info about glutathione. It has saved my life and is making my life worth living. it is such a miracle for me. blessings to you. Jen102
  7. tansy

tansy New Member

RBC level tested many years ago; it was low. Low glutathione is a feature of many chronic illnesses. Low glutathione was one of the tests my doctor used then when considering oxydative stress and mercury toxicity.

I have been taking the precussors for glutathione for some time now, and recently been concentrating on the methylation pathways. Currently I do not have access to glutathione IVs or injections.

Tansy