Anyone have this kind of DREAM??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by VickyB, Apr 13, 2003.

1. VickyB

VickyB New Member

I have been having dreams that are flashes of bright light images. Sort of like movie slides that last about 60 secs then flash to the next slide. I hope this is not a weird question-I asked my husband and he says he does not have dreams like that.
    I kind feel my eyes blinking when the next image flashes over and over. Sometimes I can stop and wake up but other times I cannot stop it-it just keeps going image to image- over and over. I do not know whether to be afraid of this or not??
    Any advice would be helpful??
  2. DragonBall

DragonBall New Member

yes i do know what u mean i think painkillers cause these sideaffects but we need the pain relief its a less of two evils.you will have to get used to them sorry.lol deb
  3. VickyB

VickyB New Member

Sorry but I don't take any pain pills - not that I don't want to but my doctor says they are all addicting!! Too tired to find someone to give me pain medication. If anyone else has an explanation for these weird dreams - I would like to know??
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

This may be just your brain racing during the night. Do you sleep well and wake refreshed or tired? Do you have sensory overload during the day? Does your brain seem to be racing from idea to idea or are you constantly having conversations in your head?

Many of us have these problems and some have been helped with Neurontin or Klonopin, but not everyone has been helped by these meds.

If you don't suffer from any of the above, I don't know what could be causing this. Perhaps someone else will have the same experience or know the answer.

Love, Mikie
  5. VickyB

VickyB New Member

I am too tired to have conversations in my head. I am lucky to have a thought with CFIDS. I have tried Neurotin but too many side effects. Klonoplin considered addicting by doctor. I wish there was another medicine that would help to pick from besides these two.
    I use to have sensory overload and panic attacks with Wellbuterin but thank goodness they have gone away when I stopped taking that drug.
    I have decided to go natural until something else comes along to try.
    But back to the weird dreams any other ideas???
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm sorry; I'm plain ole out of ideas. I hope someone else can shed some light on this. Good luck.

Love, Mikie
  7. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

I have nightmare's, I think its the pain causing it. I get them in the morning till I wake up and jump out of bed and down two vicodins....
    lisa
  8. donna13210

donna13210 Member

I've had it several times over the last few years. IT IS REALLY FREAKY AND SCARY! Do you remember hearing stunted sounds also? Nothing discernable, just bits and pieces of loud sounds. Do you feel like you can't move even though you feel like your eyelids are fluttering? Do you have the feeling there are others in the room hovering over you?

I only experience it once in awhile. I hate it because I can't stop it. I think it stops only when I fall all the way back to sleep. It is like a nightmare with wierd images in slide-show style, not fluid like a dream.

You can get more info on sleep disorder websites. Look under sleep paralysis and also hypnagogic hallucinations. Except for scaring us to death I don't believe there's any serious consequences.

Good luck,
    Donna