Anyone have this strange pain?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jadibeler, Sep 11, 2003.

1. jadibeler

jadibeler New Member

Most of the time I can identify where a pain came from, but this one has had me baffled every time it appears. It is an ache that can become sharp low on each side of my abdomen. It's right where I think the ovaries, ureters and fallopian tubs would be. It comes and goes. No other symptoms of Urinary Tract Infection and I've been drinking so much water lately, it couldn't be that. It switches sides or sometimes it's both sides together. Sometimes the area right over my pubis connects the two pains, but not often. If it's bad, it goes through to my back. I've been getting them long before my last gyn visit and a D&C.

Has anyone else experienced this kind and location of pain?

JoAnn
  2. jadibeler

jadibeler New Member

Three generic Ibuprofen do alleviate the pain, until they wear off.

JoAnn
  3. badangel3

badangel3 New Member

ovarian cysts. They can cause the same symtoms. You primary doctor or GYN and examine you and order a sonogram. Jackie
    [This Message was Edited on 09/11/2003]
  4. Misdiagnosed

Misdiagnosed New Member

Get your psoas muscles checked - they lie deep in the pelvis on both sides. They are the major muscles that connect the lower half of the body to the upper half and notoriously cause problems if they are tight. In fact they have been the major reason for all my symptoms.

They run from the lower back (t12 insertion point) through the back of the hip and attach to a tendon at the f ront of your thigh. They share the same insertion point in the spine as the trapezius muscles so you can end up with shoulder and neck pain too if these muscles are tight and pulling. They contribute to bowel and digestive problems too and a host of other seemingly unrelated symptoms. Go see a really good bodyworker.

Regards
    Gill
  5. jcole

jcole New Member

I have the exact same pains as you described. It is a relief just to know others experience these same pains. Have had several gyn tests over the years but they find nothing. Had even started wondering if my pains were even actually real. Good luck!
    Judy
  6. lebra

lebra New Member

This type of pain comes and goes. Even affects my lower back and upper thighs.

I wanted to ask you about your response Gill. What do you look for in a bodyworker. I am not sure what this means. Thanks.
  7. SPR30

SPR30 New Member

Hi! Your pain could be muscular. It could also be ovarian cysts, I had several of those before my hysterectomy last year (at the age of 29). It could also be osteoarthritis. I have OA of the lower back and I get such pain that sometimes I feel like I have my ovaries and cysts back.
    The pain is in the lower back, also pelvis and hips.
    I hope you get answers soon. Please talk to your doc,(it won't be hard to run a couple of tests and find the cause of your pain) this pain makes sitting, standing and even lying down difficult. Good luck!
  8. kimkane

kimkane New Member

I ALSO HAD THE SAME KIND OF PELVIC PAIN, I JUST IGNORED IT.
    (I THOUGHT I ATE TO MUCH CORN lol) THEN IT GOT SO BAD I HAD TO GO TO THE E.R., AN ALTRA-SOUND SHOWED I HAD VERY LARGE CYSITS ON BOTH OVARIES. I HAD SURGERY, DURING WHICH THE DR. COULD NOT FIND MY RIGHT OVARY, DUE TO LESIONS. THEY HAD PUSHED MY RIGHT OVARY ALL THE WAY BACK TO MY KIDNEY, ON DOING THAT THE DR. FOUND THAT I HAD POLYSISTIC KIDNEY'S
    (AS MY MOTHER AND HER FATHER ALSO HAD) SO NEEDLESS TO SAY THE SURGERY WAS A RUFF ONE BUT I AM SURE GLAD I DID IT. NOW I EAT FOOD THAT IS GOOD FOR MY KIDNEYS. SO HUNNY PLEASE DO NOT IGNORE YOUR PELVIC PAIN, IT HURTS FOR A REASON. IF YOUR DR. DOES NOT DO AN ALTA SOUND FIND ONE THAT WILL. A VAGINAL ALTA-SOUND SHOWED ALL MY PROBLEMS, THE REGULAR ONE DID NOT. PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW YOU ARE DOINNG. AND GET TO THE DR. SOON GOOD LUCK KIMK
  9. tandy

tandy New Member

gee...sounds like alot of us have this!!! I do to.
    Mine is mostly left sided. it'll effect my hip area too as well as the kidney or ovary. I've said something a couple times to my rheumy and my primary dr. and neither one felt like running any tests, so i'm kinda hoping it goes along with Fibro?? All these stinkin pains.....ya get sick of running to the drs. everytime!! I know I do.
    Nice to at least know there are others out there with this same FUN stuff!!
  10. Copper2002

Copper2002 New Member

I had pain a few years back that sounds like what you describe. I had long since had all my plumbing removed, so knew it COULDN'T be polycystic ovaries. Turned out it was my bladder - in constant spasm! Felt just like the worst menstrual cramps ever experienced by any woman (while impaled on a 10" dia. pole!)! One little pill am & PM, and the pain is (99 & 9/10%)gone. I hope your problem turns out to be as readily fixable.

good luck!
    Copper
  11. jadibeler

jadibeler New Member

I'm going to make an appt. with a gyn (haven't had an exam since we moved here 3 yrs ago) as soon as I get off-line. I had these pains last week but they had gone away after a few days. Then our fridge died and we had to go buy a tiny freezer ASAP (ice & chests for the rest). Of course, I had to help my husband lift it and carry it up the back steps. Now the pain is back and pretty bad.

That would sort of indicate the psoas muscle (can it be tight on both sides?) but after reading these answers I think I'd better get my innards checked out first!

Thanks everybody.

JoAnn

[ advertisement ]