Anyone have this?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by IngaDinga, Mar 17, 2003.

1. IngaDinga

IngaDinga New Member

I have the sensation of food getting stuck in my esophagus each time I eat. It seems like i swallow the food and then it gets stuck low down in my throat, right above my stomach ~ pills too.

Anyone else have this?

~Kristina~
  2. GlitterPott

GlitterPott New Member

yeah i totally sympathise with you over that, it usualy happens when Im stressed. Drinking a lot of water usually helps me.
    Take care

Shelley xx
  3. IngaDinga

IngaDinga New Member

I do have an appointment for an endoscopy on Wednesday so we will see what happens then. I have some other autonomic nervous system problems and I am concerned that this esophageal problem is related. Let's hope not!
  4. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

very rare now but I did have a barium swallow which showed my esophagus was constricted then went for the camera down the throat (forgot the name of test) and showed no reason for it - the doc. did give me an esophogeal dilation while he was down there but it only helped for a week or so. Like I said its rare that I get it now but if it is really bad I take an ativan & it seems to relax my throat. Amy
  5. JLH

JLH New Member

I experience this feel often, too. Sometimes, I blame it on trying to eat too fast, and sometimes I think it's because I'm overweight. Don't know what it's caused from, but I don't like it!!!!!!!!!!!!