ANYONE HAVE THORACIC SPINAL PAIN....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mistyb, Aug 22, 2002.

1. mistyb

mistyb New Member

and if so...what are your rememdies. I am currently trying to come off the Pamelor,and am not on any other daily meds. I have had to use Lidocaine patch or Zanaflex to get by, but in process of trying to conceive and do not want to have to resort to these. They are not safe. I am only on week one of trying to reduce med and the last two days have been difficult.

One thing..I don't know what is causing the pain except for tight muscles pulling on it. The pain is completely gone when I am on Pamelor at 40mg. In fact I had started to feel really good, and that is why we tried to come off.

Are there any natural supps or rememdies that you all can share to help me achieve my goal? Thanks in advance.
    Misty
  2. mistyb

mistyb New Member

and if so...what are your rememdies. I am currently trying to come off the Pamelor,and am not on any other daily meds. I have had to use Lidocaine patch or Zanaflex to get by, but in process of trying to conceive and do not want to have to resort to these. They are not safe. I am only on week one of trying to reduce med and the last two days have been difficult.

One thing..I don't know what is causing the pain except for tight muscles pulling on it. The pain is completely gone when I am on Pamelor at 40mg. In fact I had started to feel really good, and that is why we tried to come off.

Are there any natural supps or rememdies that you all can share to help me achieve my goal? Thanks in advance.
    Misty
  3. paula45

paula45 New Member

Misty--

I'm so sorry you are having this pain; cause I've dealt with it for a long time. But five months ago, I was doing yoga and hurt my t-spine. Finally, a chest x-ray showed two compression fractures in T7 and T8. I think I'm going insane with it; and the doc's just kinda poo-poo the pain complaints. I got a back brace yesterday, but so far not helping with the pain (like it's supposed to). I think the horrible pain is mostly due to the overlying FM 'cause I hurt so much in my rib cage. Every breath hurts and I can't get relief. I'm on oxycontin with vicodin for breakthrough pain. Still have it. SO, if you find help, PLEASE let me know what you did. I can't imagine feeling like this from now on. I can't help you right now, but I can sympathize. Here's hoping you find good relief SOON.

Paula
  4. deecrossett

deecrossett New Member

Hi Misty, I suffer from pain in that region all of the time. The only thing I can tell you is moist heat. I personally use a hot water bottle with very hot water. I put a wet wash towel on it and lay against it for about 10 to 15 minutes. The other thing I do is I have a heating pad permanately on the back of my chair. When the pain gets really bad, I 'll sit down, turn the pad on, recline and close my eyes for a while. These things don't make the pain go away completely, but they make it more manageable for me. I did have an MRI on the Thorasic area and they said there wasn't anything remarkable there. Just what does that mean? One other thing to consider is a good bra. When I wear one that isn't very supportive, the pain can get to be excruciating. I wish you luck. If you find any other remedies, please share. There has got to be something out there we can do that doesn't involve drugs. Blessings, Deena