Anyone have trouble with fluid retention????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by motomom412, Oct 16, 2005.

1. motomom412

motomom412 New Member

I have severe fluid retention. My doc's gave me lasix to take once daily, but my mom (also has fm) says I can take up to 3 daily. I really don't want to take that much, I already take to many meds as it is.

Is there something out there that can get rid of most of it?

Reg
  2. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

I was very swollen a few weeks ago and my doctor put me on a course of prednisone. I wasn't happy because of all the bad side effects it has, but I've felt so much better and have dropped almost 20 pounds in just a couple of weeks.

My left leg hurt so much and was so swollen it looked like my leg just went straight down from the thigh (looked like no ankle).

Do they know what is causing your fluid retention? My doctor told me I was full of inflammation but they didn't know where it was coming from. I actually feel much better all over.

Tigger
  3. motomom412

motomom412 New Member

that it is from my diabetes, like they can tell it's from just 1 ailment. LOL

I believe my fm is contributing as well. But the lasik doesn't get rid of much. I wonder if there are any natural remedies to help. I'm starting to lean towards the natural
    remedies, because they have to be better than all of these chemicals.

Regene
  4. kalaya

kalaya New Member

Potassium and sodium balance the fluid levels in the body,excess sodium and we retain fluid,excess potassium and we flush fluid out[urination].Bananas are loaded with potassium and so are avacadoes[guacamole].Also citrus fruits and cantalope and potatoes.You could also do a check for diuretic herbs which may bring you some herbs that can significantly help.Good luck.