Anyone have twitching prior to taking meds???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Granolamom, Dec 16, 2002.

1. Granolamom

Granolamom New Member

How many people have muscle twitching which started before the beginning of any meds.

I have had multiple strange symptoms and a few crazy doctors. had one Fibro. Diagnosis and then another Dr. said "no, not fibro: Fibro has no muscle twitching......

I have twitching off and on. Sometimes much worse,,pain in most of the pressure points, freguent urination, pins and neele sin hand and feet, IBS, GERD, Sleep very little, always exhausted.

Do Fibro. folks have twitching???

Granolamom

Any sugget
  2. LauraLea

LauraLea New Member

I've been jerking and twitching a lot at night. I don't notice it but my husband says it wakes him up some nights. I think this is new and I've been on meds for over three years.

I just think that FMer's have progressing symptoms even if the doctors say that it not progressive I've notice different symptoms coming and going.

I guess I'm not much help, but I wouldn't rule out the FM.
  3. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I have FM, and have twitching as one of my primary symptoms. I take no meds. I have been told by one doctor twitching was not a symptom of FM. I'd dispute this---read most books on FM, you'll see it listed (ex. Devin Starlanyl's book). I think others here on this board would agree.

Take care,
    Pam
  4. firelite

firelite New Member

Hi Granolamom,
    I don't know if it is a symptom of fibro or not , but i have fibro/cfs and yes i do experience twitching, once in a while i have even experienced jerking in my shoulders and my abdomen. When it happens at my abdomen that is one freaky feeling.

Firelite
  5. evileva

evileva New Member

I have cfids and fibro. Some of my first symptoms were muscle twitching. I also have trouble with limbs jerking once in a while too. I don't know if it is the fibro or not but it seems like a few of us have the same symptoms.
    Hope this helps.
    Eva
  6. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

Yes...I have fm/cfs....and before taking any meds....i had lots of involuntary movements---twitching.

When i began taking elavil they worsened from twitching to jerking.

I now take Klonopin, and they have decreased immensely. I have no jerking now, but very occasional twitching.

Karen
  7. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

I get twitching mostly when I'm relaxing and also when I'm in bed ready to go to sleep. When I sit on the couch and watch TV I jiggle around and can't seem to get comfortable. I would assume it's another symptom of FMS.

Annette2
  8. momof3dancers

momof3dancers New Member

I have mucle "twitches" almost every night..ususally when I am in that "pre sleep phase"
  9. stillafreemind

stillafreemind New Member

I have twitching and have found something really strange to help it. A few days ago I had a twitch in my right eye..I was trying to work on a quilt for a Christmas gift. It was so bad I could not work on it. I got up the next day and it started up again. I got in one of my books here..called Miracle Foods from the Bible..by Reese Dubin. I will type one paragraph that was written there:

Reportedly, an annoying twitch of the eyelids or at the corner of the mouth can soon be made to disappear by taking 2 teaspoons of honey at each meal. Cramps in the body muscles, especially in the legs and feet during the night, can generally be controlled the same way. Usually, the cramps disappear within a week. The honey should be continued indefinitely.

Okay..I did it. My eye is not twitching. Coincidence? I do not know. I do know that I treat headaches/migraines with the same protocol except I do not wait for a meal...I follow the two teaspoons of honey with a glass of water..and I may have to repeat this with in an hour. Never have had to do it more than twice.

I do not take meds yet..so I try this kinda thing. So far, this book has helped me in the things that I have tried. Since I also fight infection..it said the honey was good for that too..hoping it will help me out in more than one way.

Hope you find relief soon .. Still
  10. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

at night. I noticed it starting a couple of months ago when I get into bed. I have it in my lower legs and feet. Sometimes just my toes and feet twitch and sometimes it includes the lower legs. I've been on Ultracet and Elavil for several months now. Maybe it's a reaction to this or just the FM itself?

Ellen
  11. joyof3

joyof3 New Member

My first symyoms were twitching muscle, and gerking limbs. then i was put on meds, so it was before the meds.

stephanie