Anyone Have Ulcerative Colitis and CFS?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by malsmom, Aug 23, 2003.

1. malsmom

malsmom New Member

Hello,
    Ever since my daughter was born I have been having trouble with my health. I was diagnosed with UC in 2002. I have been on several medications for UC. Now I developed Adhesive Capsulitis in my shoulders. I also am having my partial seziures come back. NONE of my doctors can figure out whats wrong with me. Some people think I might have a tumor but I do not believe that is the case. I was reading on CFS and I have all the symtoms. How can a doctor know for sure if I have this? I call this my Hidden Illness that nobody can find! If you have any advice for me I would love to hear it!

Nadine
    Texas
  2. chubby

chubby New Member

Hi Nadine,

Sorry to hear you're not doing well. I have UC too. I also have CFS, at least I have the symptoms, I've not been officially diagnosed. I got the CFS from Penicillin. I've had UC for 9 years, I'm doing very well now with it, as I've learned how to manage it. I don't take medications any more for it, I use Psyllium instead.
    I'm sorry I don't have any knowledge about your other ailments, I wish I could help you.
    If your're not doing well on your UC medications I can tell you about Psyllium. Maybe your medications are causing side effects which are contributing to your other problems. I had real problems with the UC medications.
    Best wishes. Chubby
  3. elizabethia

elizabethia New Member

after my second child i developed crohns and from there on got the fibro and it's been downhill from there ... i've had an illiostmey for 14 years and thought i was doing pretty well with it until last year when i had a bad flare with it and now am on remicade infusions every 8 weeks... it is really helpful for the crhons. my younger brother has uc and is just now getting over a month long battle... they tried something new with him this time and for the life of me i can't remeber what it was.. sorry.. take care